To obtain your Invitation code, please send a request to: webmaster@mhhauto.com
Please Read the forum Rules before you register. Be aware that not adhering to forum rules might result in Banning your Membership.

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 2.71 Average
Citroen Berlingo New BSI unit
07-19-2011, 12:28 AM
Citroen Citroen Berlingo New BSI unit
Today I have to help out a neighbour and replace his BSI unit (faulty) with a brand new BSI unit.

I have Peugeot Planet Lexia.

Has anybody done this before? When I plug the new BSI in I need to program the VIN number,, what else I need to do apart from select all the options such as electric windows etc..

It is a 2006 Citroen Berlingo 1.6 HDI.

Do I need to PIN TO VIN code to complete the job?

Some instructions from somebody that done this before will help! I tried google but done see much apart from Bring it to your Dealer!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-2011, 02:12 AM
Citroen RE: Citroen Berlingo New BSI unit
(07-19-2011 12:28 AM)vcidont Wrote:  Today I have to help out a neighbour and replace his BSI unit (faulty) with a brand new BSI unit.

I have Peugeot Planet Lexia.

Has anybody done this before? When I plug the new BSI in I need to program the VIN number,, what else I need to do apart from select all the options such as electric windows etc..

It is a 2006 Citroen Berlingo 1.6 HDI.

Do I need to PIN TO VIN code to complete the job?

Some instructions from somebody that done this before will help! I tried google but done see much apart from Bring it to your Dealer!!
You need Pin!
07-19-2011, 04:11 AM
Be careful with the replacement of BSI. If you want my candid opinion, take it to the dealer, it does not worth the efforts. I have gone through this before. It is not that the dealer performs magic but they have software of BSI & associated configuration stored on their database for each car sold out. So it is a piece of cake for them to copy and paste within few minute. You need to have access to the server to download it or somebody download it on a disk. This forum could help on that.
The Engine ECU and BSI control the immobiliser and electronics of the car. Be warned, car may refused to start or other devices go wonky not withstanding if your installation is successful or not. The angression may be transferred to ECU when starting the car and it may lock the ECU. In addition, you have to understand the following principle,
1. BSI can only be program once and match with the engine ECU with a separate code. NOt the key/transponder code. Remember, if the ECU did not get the correct code from BSI (3 times ?), it locks the ECU.Headbang another problem !!!
2. BSI configuration can be changed after installation with 03114 code for citroen models.
3. Confirm the model of your BSI and be sured it is the same with the original software of the car before you proceed. Even if you have to upgrade the software, you have to start with the original software first, configure, start car and later upgrade.
Way forward:
1. Ensure the car bonnet is up and have the battery and your computer on external charge. Check all doors are close tight, installation/configuration will fail if any equipment is turned on or door unlocks.
2. You have to go to replacement part on Lexia. Then install and configure.
N.B if you are able to save the configuration of the old BSI, then it will be better to use it on the new BSI after installation.
After that, do not start the car yet.
3. Learn /program your key again with the transponder code and hold the lock key button on ignition for 10s to activate the remote lock. Test after to ensure it works.
4. Very critical. Use your Lexia to diagnose the engine ECU and ensure they match and all keys synchronised.
Start the car. If you are lucky, away go go. Drive

But then the dealer is at the corner smoking Rauch15 waiting for you to make mistake. £850 charge! That is why people say it is not worth the trouble. It is very much easier to replace the engine ECU than the BSI. It also depends if you can find the right ECU on the market. Goodluck.Wink. Car may go to junk yard!
 Thanks given by: vcidont , webmaster , pichonfarina
07-19-2011, 06:45 AM
RE: Citroen Berlingo New BSI unit
@ Sonia, thank you for that. It is a shame I didnt read this before I started working on the BSI. I will send it to dealer now!
02-03-2012, 04:37 AM
Good afternoon!
I'll use your post, can someone help me, i have a Berlingo 2010 1.6 hdi, that i was tryng to change the odometer in BSI, but when i was extratint the eeprom it broken, i couldent read the original dump, and know the car doesent work at all, it seem it doesent have battery. I replace the eeprom for a new one, but nothing.
What can i do know, does anybody hav an idea?

Thanks a lot.
08-22-2013, 10:18 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2013 10:20 PM by spiki_x.)
RE: Citroen Berlingo New BSI unit
Thank you for this precious information.

My friend's 307 died and we are going crazy to revive it.
Now I understand what happened. The BSI wiped it's own memory and the ECU locked itself as I understand. I have tried to disable the immo on the ecu (ecd15c2) but it doesn't comunicate trough diagnostics anyway. So we bought a used ECU.
Now I will virginize the bsi and change the vin and pin in the ecu.... I have diagbox, but I don't dave a dealer's password.... I wonder if I will be able to reprogram the damn thing afterwards.

Does somebody know how to unlock the old ECU?

If there will be no success, I will transport the car to the dealer.

Here is the eeprom 95080 from the ecu.

Attached File(s)
IZET.rar
File Type: .rar
Downloaded: 14 times
Size: 305 bytes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  mk2 partner van comms unit repair ed1808 0 133 02-07-2014 07:46 AM
Last Post: ed1808
Citroen Citreon Berlingo 1.6 hdi ecu locked voronovservice 3 913 09-23-2013 12:35 AM
Last Post: voronovservice
  diesel fuel additive control unit counter reset Alex87 4 1,504 06-16-2013 04:19 AM
Last Post: bunjo19

User(s) browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content