To obtain your Invitation code, please send a request to: webmaster@mhhauto.com

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Votes - 3.2 Average
10-27-2012, 07:26 AM
RE: ODIS
(10-26-2012 09:08 AM)jlazaro Wrote:  License for ODIS right now?

Do you need something more?Cheer2 miracles take a little longer Pc
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-27-2012, 01:51 PM
what is the advantage to using odis?
10-29-2012, 12:43 AM
it is interesting!!
11-13-2012, 09:44 AM
It does the same thing as vas-pc, for the moment they are bouth used by vag dealerships, but from 2013 odis is supposed to replace vas-pc. As far as i know from the begining of 2013 there won't be any updates released for vas-pc. The tricky part with odis is that it activates online, the licences is for a single computer, because depending on the computer's specifications(motherboard, graphical card, sound card) in generates a unique device number. Another difference from the vas-pc is that it needs online connection with the factory more than the vas-pc. Even the updates are made online, they don't come on a cd. As functionallity, there aren't any differences. I know what i'm saying because i've used both of them. Hope i've been of any help.
 Thanks given by: connector , rex89 , Drakov , Mariusmilanezu
11-14-2012, 11:21 PM
Hi guys ,traducbine as you said, I think activate a key on a computer and put it in a virtual machine so that everyone can be best experienced ODIS, but would first buy a license to succeed anyone know how?

Life is like a bicycle, it have to move forward not to lose balance.Smile
12-15-2012, 04:09 AM
License for ODIS right now?
12-15-2012, 08:16 AM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2012 08:19 AM by vwpd130.)
To "buy" a license would cost you millions of ££'s as you'd have to be a dealer.

Curently ODIS is only used by dealerships and isn't available for the aftermarket as of yet, they are still supplying/using vas-pc to the aftermarket

Even when its available, VAG make you purchase their own CF-52 laptop with the software pre-installed as I dont think they allow it to be activated on 3rd party computers (I may be wrong?), then you have to apply for a GEKO licence (not easy). There are also monthly costs for GEKO access as well as a monthly cost for each "brand" that you require

In my dealership I have access to request licence files to install ODIS onto our machines (I'm the ODIS installer/champion), there isn't a key gen supplied to the dealer. I have ODIS installed on my own laptop Fing32 and have access to the online updates and functions with it (only at my place of work will these functions work) I have a genuine vas5054a head

DON'T ASK ME FOR A LICENSE...MY JOB IS WORTH FAR MORE THAN A LICENSE FOR SOMEONE I DONT KNOW, ALSO VAG MONITOR THE AMOUNT PER DEALER

ODIS isnt any better than VAS-PC at the moment and its a toss up between the two which I use. Sometimes VAS-PC is easier.

ODIS places the fault code test plans in order of importance, but often still sends you down the wrong path and some pages are not translated from German into English yet. I think ODIS has a complicated layout which could have been a lot more user friendly, the updates are coming thick and fast so its getting better.

For ourselves (people on here) there is no advantage of having ODIS over VAS-PC other than "bragging" rights

If only AutoLogic could be cracked........(that makes VAS-PC look like a £10 ebay OBD reader).....it will do so much more than VAS-PC without online connections to VAG
 Thanks given by: bigdiez , 4motion , Drakov , Mariusmilanezu
12-23-2012, 12:02 AM
I have a valid License for it, it depend on Hardware ID of your Computer,
a License of it is loosing time, because It will work with the BTAC Box together, It is a NAS Storage in the local Network, where the data from the VW Server will be transfered per Intranet at the evening, every day,
on my BTAC Box are about 74GB of storrage used,
and from this storrage the Diagnoselaptop will be get the updates for flashing and Diagnose,

hope this helps

(12-15-2012 08:16 AM)vwpd130 Wrote:  To "buy" a license would cost you millions of ££'s as you'd have to be a dealer.

Curently ODIS is only used by dealerships and isn't available for the aftermarket as of yet, they are still supplying/using vas-pc to the aftermarket

Even when its available, VAG make you purchase their own CF-52 laptop with the software pre-installed as I dont think they allow it to be activated on 3rd party computers (I may be wrong?), then you have to apply for a GEKO licence (not easy). There are also monthly costs for GEKO access as well as a monthly cost for each "brand" that you require

In my dealership I have access to request licence files to install ODIS onto our machines (I'm the ODIS installer/champion), there isn't a key gen supplied to the dealer. I have ODIS installed on my own laptop Fing32 and have access to the online updates and functions with it (only at my place of work will these functions work) I have a genuine vas5054a head

DON'T ASK ME FOR A LICENSE...MY JOB IS WORTH FAR MORE THAN A LICENSE FOR SOMEONE I DONT KNOW, ALSO VAG MONITOR THE AMOUNT PER DEALER

ODIS isnt any better than VAS-PC at the moment and its a toss up between the two which I use. Sometimes VAS-PC is easier.

ODIS places the fault code test plans in order of importance, but often still sends you down the wrong path and some pages are not translated from German into English yet. I think ODIS has a complicated layout which could have been a lot more user friendly, the updates are coming thick and fast so its getting better.

For ourselves (people on here) there is no advantage of having ODIS over VAS-PC other than "bragging" rights

If only AutoLogic could be cracked........(that makes VAS-PC look like a £10 ebay OBD reader).....it will do so much more than VAS-PC without online connections to VAG
12-23-2012, 10:48 AM
Toyota RE: ODIS
hi.
iam searching for a hotfix or license generator for VW ODIS.
can anyone help.

Paulamster Wrote.
(I have a valid License for it, it depend on Hardware ID of your Computer,
a License of it is loosing time, because It will work with the BTAC Box together, It is a NAS Storage in the local Network, where the data from the VW Server will be transfered per Intranet at the evening, every day,
on my BTAC Box are about 74GB of storrage used,
and from this storrage the Diagnoselaptop will be get the updates for flashing and Diagnose,)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Audi VAG ODIS v2.1.1 and Postsetup v5.5.0 Fouad 43 23,890 12-20-2014 11:52 PM
Last Post: Fouad
AA+MHH ODIS 2.2.2 + PostSetup 6.10.30 Multilanguage megashared 37 9,140 12-20-2014 07:10 PM
Last Post: vampirept
AA+MHH ODIS Engineering 5.0.12 Multilanguage megashared 5 2,523 12-19-2014 01:53 AM
Last Post: zuzuhe
  ODIS 2.1.0 piscinarasx1514 12 8,568 12-17-2014 12:47 PM
Last Post: russ34
  Atris Stahlgruber, ODIS 2.0.2 und Elsa WIN Complete VMware Edition (Virtual Windows) Dealirio 1 773 12-15-2014 02:38 AM
Last Post: Dealirio
VW need help on install ODIS 2.02 boxy12 6 305 12-10-2014 07:08 AM
Last Post: TizWaz
VW Which better? Odis 2.0.2 or ODIS Engineering 5.0.14? xs0377 5 753 11-11-2014 01:33 AM
Last Post: xs0377
VW VW Offboard Diagnostic Information System ODIS v1.2.0 + Postsetup + key v8denis 2 1,468 11-03-2014 01:59 PM
Last Post: Joao Antonio
Last Post: vdiag
VW ODIS SERVICE 2.0.2 agayapal 1 663 10-25-2014 09:48 PM
Last Post: kamaleon

User(s) browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content