To obtain your Invitation code, please send a request to: webmaster@mhhauto.com

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Rate my Mercbits1 mux - pics of pcb boards
11-13-2011, 03:14 AM
RE: Rate this Compact3 mux - pics of pcb boards
(11-13-2011 01:00 AM)lingnoi Wrote:  Manufacturer seems to be "YuanFeng" as indicated on the pcb boards and then there are markings with "OEMscan" and a version number.

(11-13-2011 12:56 AM)Marcos Wrote:  
(11-13-2011 12:31 AM)lingnoi Wrote:  Thanks for the replies guys!

So 1 person says great and another says crap....

Let's see what the third person will say...Kolo

P.S. : it is not this one the most crappy one...look for the slim ones (you know C5 , C6 , D7...and so on chinese versions) Wink

ok I think the need to clarify. First all ,the chinese is cheap imatation and you could ,like I did, install a small fan on the unit for cooling. Also comparing these pictures here to the many units I have handled from china this looks to be better made than most. Usually poor solder work and crappy connections for the cable pins to the board are very obviuos with the lesser units.Fing24
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: lingnoi
11-13-2011, 03:29 AM
It looks clean and put together well.

So the question is how good is the technical design?

L

Do not trust Mercbits1 to deliver as promised - Check my avatar for junk Mercbits1 multiplexer!
11-13-2011, 12:42 PM (This post was last modified: 11-14-2011 01:19 AM by lingnoi.)
(11-12-2011 04:11 PM)avepag Wrote:  quality is where you bought it if I can pass the link ???????

greetings

This is the mux that Andrew from Mercbits1 sold me.

When I compare it to his description and pics that he posted here himself then I note the following:

1. my unit does not have "power transistors are heat sunk AND heat sinks bolted to external case"

2. No flex connection between boards

3. Boards not marked ELBASA but YuanFeng

4. End boards are missing the fasteners shown

I am in contact with Andrew right now to see how he will handle this situation with me (and other affected customers, if there are more)!!!

Do not trust Mercbits1 to deliver as promised - Check my avatar for junk Mercbits1 multiplexer!
11-13-2011, 03:32 PM
Mercedes Benz RE: Rate this Compact3 mux - pics of pcb boards
(11-13-2011 12:42 PM)lingnoi Wrote:  I am in contact with Andrew right now to see how he will handle this situation with me (and other affected customers, if there are more)!!!

IF you found him or EVEN you will got at least 1x small "Signal" from him let us know! Listen
FYI, many ppl they searching for him, but we think some little "Closer" friends of him
that he had something BAD again in his life!
Sadsmile

Good Luck! Fing32

Regards! Cheer2

Remember: The chances they ARE BIG, when we LOOSING them... Listen
11-13-2011, 11:10 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2011 11:29 PM by lingnoi.)
(11-13-2011 03:32 PM)Patrian Wrote:  
(11-13-2011 12:42 PM)lingnoi Wrote:  I am in contact with Andrew right now to see how he will handle this situation with me (and other affected customers, if there are more)!!!

IF you found him or EVEN you will got at least 1x small "Signal" from him let us know! Listen
FYI, many ppl they searching for him, but we think some little "Closer" friends of him
that he had something BAD again in his life!
Sadsmile

Good Luck! Fing32

Regards! Cheer2

I exchanged a couple emails with him last night and he seems to be doing alright.

Patrian, I would appreciate your comment on the discrepancies between what I received and what was advertised.

Thanks.

Regards, L

I just received some more feedback from China commenting that YuanFeng is indeed a very low quality supplier.

Well, thanks a lot, Mercbits!

11-14-2011, 02:32 AM
(11-13-2011 11:10 PM)lingnoi Wrote:  Patrian, I would appreciate your comment on the discrepancies between what I received and what was advertised.

Patrian may provide some real feedback if he has the time but it is obvious that the product you got is not of high quality. Perhaps it is well made in the sense of soldering quality but the design is poor. This is the cheap, local design circuit board intended for the C4 mux (don't confuse this C4 with SDConnect) originally. You can see how the main cricuit boards are very close to each other because they would not fit into a "C4" otherwise. The circuit boards for the round connectors are just different from the C4 mux.

You can see how poor heat sinks this one has compared to the "original photo" from mercbits1.

Who ever sold you this tool, should give you 50% refund if you paid for a "genuine clone".
 Thanks given by: lingnoi
11-14-2011, 03:30 AM (This post was last modified: 11-14-2011 03:35 AM by lingnoi.)
(11-14-2011 02:32 AM)DBmhh Wrote:  
(11-13-2011 11:10 PM)lingnoi Wrote:  Patrian, I would appreciate your comment on the discrepancies between what I received and what was advertised.

Patrian may provide some real feedback if he has the time but it is obvious that the product you got is not of high quality. Perhaps it is well made in the sense of soldering quality but the design is poor. This is the cheap, local design circuit board intended for the C4 mux (don't confuse this C4 with SDConnect) originally. You can see how the main cricuit boards are very close to each other because they would not fit into a "C4" otherwise. The circuit boards for the round connectors are just different from the C4 mux.

You can see how poor heat sinks this one has compared to the "original photo" from mercbits1.

Who ever sold you this tool, should give you 50% refund if you paid for a "genuine clone".

Thank you for your knowledgeable and open feedback. Fing24 Boards are indeed very close to another.

Mercbits is claiming he was himself deceived by his supplier. :tdown: Good story but who's buying it? Not me.

He popped onto the scene, talking smooth and putting up a few vm images and whatnot, ripping off customers and then disappeared as quickly as he came. Well done....

I had a second order (for a clone carsoft interface and some discs) with him which was never even delivered despite Mercbits' claims that he sent it out twice. Thankfully, my credit card stepped in and I was able to recoup the money.

Are there any other "happy" customers out there willing to check their Mercbits' mux and coming forward with their findings?

11-14-2011, 08:32 PM (This post was last modified: 11-14-2011 08:34 PM by Patrian.)
(11-13-2011 11:10 PM)lingnoi Wrote:  I exchanged a couple emails with him last night and he seems to be doing alright.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooow! And some people they WORRY about him! Headbang

41 41 41 41 41 Mr. Andy!

Well, YES Nod his pics in his Post that he Advertised about the "Quality" that he offering
they are from ORIGINAL Part D Mux (C3)! Listen
Honestly, as you noticed you and anyone else, NO ONE he made any "Comment"
about those all this time, and i was waiting WHO he will make at least 1x and WHEN! Listen
(So you can figure and you can imagine HOW many people they having "Ιgnorance"...)

The Mux that you received "Finally" and from the Pics that you posted
it is OK about 12V but for sure IF you try to use it under 24V = SMOKE! Listen
I know that maybe you DID NOT interest for this, but believe me "Behind" of this they existing some "Hidden" things! Listen

Also the 2x boards they did NOT have the "Design" as the Original Part D Mux! Listen
(They are "Almost" like Original Part D Mux...)
Finally IF the 2x Slots they having RED Color inside then this Mux in 80%
it has little "NO SAFE" Firmware and as Mr. Marcos said correctly is big MESS all this story! Listen
I will NOT post any more details! Till now i think you know VERY WELL
what you have "Finally" in your "Hands"... Smile

Anyway, you can use this Mux for your Operations, but NO for many hours because it is Risky! Listen

Finally, you are NOT the only person that he has this Quality! MANY people they buying & they having this Quality! Smile
Just the only "Question" is: HOW MUCH you spent about this Quality????? Itwasntme
DO NOT reply/post about this! NO needing! Just i said that for to got my "Spirit"... Smile

So, in the bottom line: Keep DASing / Keep Xentrying till DEATH! Big Grin

Best Regards! Cheer2

Remember: The chances they ARE BIG, when we LOOSING them... Listen
 Thanks given by: lingnoi , daudi
11-14-2011, 11:08 PM
RE: Rate this Compact3 mux - updated pics of pcb boards
Thank you for your assessment and detailed reply.

You mention "2x Slots" having Red Color. Where are these slots located?

Regards,

L

User(s) browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content