To obtain your registration ID "Invitation Code", please send your request to: [email protected]
Dear Respected Members, please abide by the rules of the forum and avoid posting unacceptable comments or illegal software. Thanks!
If you are a registered member in MHH and not able to login or recover your account, Kindly contact [email protected]

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 2.17 Average
W204 Not Starting, Remote Key Not Working
01-13-2018, 10:33 AM
RE: W204 Not Starting, Remote Key Not Working
Do you hear the steering lock actuate? Steering lock get power from front SAM and EIS grounds it. Also the left front left door control module is powered by Front SAM. Data link connector shares power with both front and rear SAMs. So like above I would look into front SAM and wiring around there.

Retired Mercedes Tech and Sprinter Tech.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-13-2018, 10:25 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2018 10:27 PM by benzcoupe.)
if u do NOT hear elec steering lock motor when inserting key then buy a 25 dollar elv simulator plug it in and see isf that fixes it YOU tube will help u just type w204 in search box on youtube home page
01-14-2018, 03:42 AM
Mercedes Benz RE: W204 Not Starting, Remote Key Not Working
Hello Mate,
1.)Please check your remote key infrared signal using phone camera.

2.)Check voltage supply for FSAM fuse box f19 & f27 for EIS & ESL also f73 at rear fuse for X11/4 OBDII components.

3.)If do you have any spare key pls. try it firstly whether worked or not? function test for central locking lock/unlock.

4.)If the steering lock has a problem, then you should have an initial QT also you will read out fault code from EIS ignition lock.

Could you please give us additional information from the car like,
Model VIN, and previous repair history so that we can give you an accurate suggestions and advice in order to solved the problem quickly.

BR,
HandshakeTup
01-14-2018, 06:42 AM
(01-13-2018 06:34 AM)steve215 Wrote:  Very common problem, check key first if key ok then elv problem !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Key is okay, it works but the car does not respond to the key remote when trying to open.
01-14-2018, 09:22 AM
Your Ezs is broken. Measure ezs supply voltage, but manytimes its broken.

Ezs process key remote control data, therefore it does not work.

Elv not a problem, otherwise the diagnosis would work.

Remote support fault diagnostic
Remote software installation
Software solutions
 Thanks given by: Mercerwin
01-14-2018, 10:13 AM
(01-14-2018 09:22 AM)miniveho Wrote:  Your Ezs is broken. Measure ezs supply voltage, but manytimes its broken.

Quick question, what is Ezs and how do I measure its power supply?
01-15-2018, 03:59 AM
Mercedes Benz RE: W204 Not Starting, Remote Key Not Working
(01-14-2018 10:13 AM)K011 Wrote:  
(01-14-2018 09:22 AM)miniveho Wrote:  Your Ezs is broken. Measure ezs supply voltage, but manytimes its broken.

Quick question, what is Ezs and how do I measure its power supply?

EZS or EIS (N73) meaning electronic ignition switch
ELV or ESL (N26/5) means electric steering lock

If you have Xentry simulation then used it look the guided test or used WIS read the wiring diagram for EIS (N73) X190 elect connector
check pin 3 data (0.35 wh/rd) wire for ESL (N26/5) used multimeter connect to pin 3 (+) then body ground (- ) insert key from EIS then removed the key, you may repeat for many times to check the voltage signal fluctuate on your multimeter, similar with waveform signal test when were using HMS tester.

If there's no voltage fluctuated in your multimeter possible caused EIS. But make sure your remote key has works good or you can try a quick test, insert the remote key into EIS then press lock and unlock button. if the remote key (lock/unlock) has functioning. 100% you should replaced your EIS or EZS.

BR,
Wink
 Thanks given by: JarsaR
01-15-2018, 08:34 AM
Hi guys, thanks for all the advice. I went ahead and tested the fuses again, f26 was on its way out before finally giving up, I replaced it with a lower 5AMP fuse since I didn't have a 7.5AMP spare and the key remote functionality came back and I got a brief error about SRS before it disappeared.

The steering wheel seems to be unlocked as I can turn the steering wheel, but the car still won't start the key turns all the way but nothing. When I remove the key I here some very faint clicking noise, about 4 or 5 of them, I only hear this when removing the key, there is no sound when inserting the key.

(01-14-2018 03:42 AM)Mercerwin Wrote:  Hello Mate,

2.)Check voltage supply for FSAM fuse box f19 & f27 for EIS & ESL also f73 at rear fuse for X11/4 OBDII components.

I checked the fuses but I will also check the voltage supply

(01-14-2018 03:42 AM)Mercerwin Wrote:  4.)If the steering lock has a problem, then you should have an initial QT also you will read out fault code from EIS ignition lock.

What is an initial QT?

(01-14-2018 03:42 AM)Mercerwin Wrote:  Could you please give us additional information from the car like,
Model VIN, and previous repair history so that we can give you an accurate suggestions and advice in order to solved the problem quickly.

2007 or 08 WDD2040412A021418

(01-15-2018 03:59 AM)Mercerwin Wrote:  EZS or EIS (N73) meaning electronic ignition switch
ELV or ESL (N26/5) means electric steering lock

If you have Xentry simulation then used it look the guided test or used WIS read the wiring diagram for EIS (N73) X190 elect connector
check pin 3 data (0.35 wh/rd) wire for ESL (N26/5) used multimeter connect to pin 3 (+) then body ground (- ) insert key from EIS then removed the key, you may repeat for many times to check the voltage signal fluctuate on your multimeter, similar with waveform signal test when were using HMS tester.

If there's no voltage fluctuated in your multimeter possible caused EIS. But make sure your remote key has works good or you can try a quick test, insert the remote key into EIS then press lock and unlock button. if the remote key (lock/unlock) has functioning. 100% you should replaced your EIS or EZS.

BR,
Wink

I don't have Xentry simulation, I will try look at WIS and see if it helps.
 Thanks given by: Mercerwin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  W204 car not starting, key turning? McDj85 18 317 Today 02:06 PM
Last Post: McDj85
  THE GREAT QUESTION, mb w163 AAM repair REMOTE gomarota 2 245 Yesterday 11:00 AM
Last Post: efka
  Xentry Not starting fix, xp and xdos versions, no password Dublover 59 30,857 Yesterday 08:15 AM
Last Post: figani
Mercedes Benz Good tools to correct mileage on W204 2012 EZS + Dash mikeone 24 2,166 05-20-2018 09:46 PM
Last Post: boovy
Mercedes Benz W212 W204 AMG IC instrument cluster change Maurits 80 23,276 05-20-2018 09:14 PM
Last Post: tirex2k

User(s) browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content