To obtain your registration ID "Invitation Code", please send your request to: [email protected]
Dear Respected Members, please abide by the rules of the forum and avoid posting unacceptable comments or illegal software. Thanks!
If you are a registered member in MHH and not able to login or recover your account, Kindly contact [email protected]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
need help sdconnect c4
12-12-2017, 09:16 AM
need help sdconnect c4
hello guys
i have sdconnect c4 and work perfect but every time that i am working and start engine ( normally sdconnect disconnected and connected again) i lose communication an show this problem in picture, i should to restart computer and to connect again, is any solution to solve this problem? my sw is 2014 offline

regards

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2017, 09:30 AM
RE: need help sdconnect c4
Problem is your SDconnect is rebooting when car voltage drops due to starter motor.

Need to put 6 x 1700mah AA recharageable batteries and charge them.

After short time batteries should be charged enough to stop SDconnect from rebooting.

However really you are supposed to charge the batteries for 16 hours (until outline around battery sign turns solid). After this, it should read proper stable voltage from car, and SDconnect will charge much quicker.

However when batteries die, it will lose calibration and needs another 16 hour charge to turn outline around battery symbol solid.
 Thanks given by: JarsaR
12-12-2017, 09:37 AM
thanks for reply. i have bought sdconnect 4 years ago and in link that i bought, told " do not put battery in sdconnect"
this problem happened when i change sw, with original sw that i had installed in hdd, was perfect.
12-12-2017, 09:40 AM
Not only the batteries in C4 must be in good condition.

During diagnosis use a stable power supply (40A) source for battery changes (to protect the on-board electronics) and for diagnostic activities. All ECU must be supplied with stable voltage.

I'm not a native speaker and therefore I ask for your indulgence Handshake
12-12-2017, 09:44 AM
Ahh, I see. The problem I mentioned about SDconnect rebooting happens more often on diesel cars (because more power needed to start engine), but if car battery is in great health SDconnect might not reboot.

For your issue, you need to update the firmware in your SDconnect. However to update firmware, unfortunately we need fully charged batteries again.

Functional batteries are essential for an SDconnect to fully function correctly. I'm guessing your seller sold a unit with faulty power circuitry which is why they told you not to use batteries.

So now to update your unit, I would suggest to charge 6 x 1700mah AA batteries in a battery charger, then put into your SDconnect and update. Risk of update is low, but a faulty unit might not update correctly.

If your SDconnect can't even detect batteries, you can modifiy toolkit.ini (for SDconnect Toolkit) and change values to 0.00v so it might allow you to flash without batteries. However that check is there for a reason (as it is much more dangerous to flash interface without batteries). If you try updating and this fails because of this "hack", I take no responsibility.
12-12-2017, 09:46 AM
An start of engine, draws too much battery power. As a result, the power supply for the diagnosis interface is not enough anymore.
Probably, the car battery, to that, is no longer the best - too weak ...
Try the same thing on another car too.
 Thanks given by: Rocinante , JarsaR
12-12-2017, 09:48 AM
hi, im having problems with my sdconnect, when i use on cars, it works fine XENTRY, but when i use for trucks, Xentry opens DAS and it dosent connect. please Help
12-12-2017, 10:07 AM
HestonDiag- i have more than 4 years with this tool and hadn't this problem ( when i had an other sw installed), anyway i will try to update firmware but i don't know how to do

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Mercedes Benz sdconnect toolkit error 749 mustang 1 321 04-01-2018 12:03 PM
Last Post: xprog
Mercedes Benz SDconnect C5 Battery installation Runor 7 1,026 03-31-2018 01:29 PM
Last Post: DrSimLock
Mercedes Benz Latest SDconnect tools and c5 firmware??? mindful 3 325 03-31-2018 12:15 PM
Last Post: geiti94
Mercedes Benz 2017 Xentry/WIS/EPC/DAS/Vediamo/Monaco DTS/SDConnect Help Links Rocinante 5 46,592 03-18-2018 10:56 AM
Last Post: Diagworld
  SDconnect Toolkit COM-Server edliu 34 13,901 02-28-2018 12:54 PM
Last Post: sepy123

User(s) browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content