To obtain your registration ID "Invitation Code", please send your request to: [email protected]
Dear Respected Members, please abide by the rules of the forum and avoid posting unacceptable comments or illegal software. Thanks!
If you are a registered member in MHH and not able to login or recover your account, Kindly contact [email protected]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
such a thing as offline fault code diagnostics ?
07-11-2018, 08:13 AM
Mercedes Benz such a thing as offline fault code diagnostics ?
Is there a way to follow a "fault finding procedure" if i have the codes and the issue description that STAR is showing during diagnostics but actually having STAR ?

i mean,

i have recently been to an independent mechanic and had my C-Class W204 on Star and it has shown two faults with the comand system.

All the mechanic done was to read off the codes, clear and see if they came back, which they did but could not take it any further as he just said, you need a new comand unit without any real investigation into it before deciding upon this course of action.

Is it possible to install STAR and without connecting to a car, input fault codes and follow procedure for checking of harnesses/connectors etc. without connecting to the car ?

thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2018, 08:27 AM
RE: such a thing as offline fault code diagnostics ?
(07-11-2018 08:13 AM)xtremem23 Wrote:  Is there a way to follow a "fault finding procedure" if i have the codes and the issue description that STAR is showing during diagnostics but actually having STAR ?

i mean,

i have recently been to an independent mechanic and had my C-Class W204 on Star and it has shown two faults with the comand system.

All the mechanic done was to read off the codes, clear and see if they came back, which they did but could not take it any further as he just said, you need a new comand unit without any real investigation into it before deciding upon this course of action.

Is it possible to install STAR and without connecting to a car, input fault codes and follow procedure for checking of harnesses/connectors etc. without connecting to the car ?

thanks
Hello, yes you can do that by running the star das or xentry in simulation mode. There you can read all the faults or errors in the module you select. Then you can follow the procedure. But the best way is to connect the real car because many times some things are missing from the simulation. If you know the fault code I can help you with the checking.

If I helped you please press thanks and reputation button!!!
 Thanks given by: pesona , Rocinante , xtremem23 , HestonDiag
07-11-2018, 09:29 PM
Mercedes Benz RE: such a thing as offline fault code diagnostics ?
(07-11-2018 08:27 AM)michael130509 Wrote:  
(07-11-2018 08:13 AM)xtremem23 Wrote:  Is there a way to follow a "fault finding procedure" if i have the codes and the issue description that STAR is showing during diagnostics but actually having STAR ?

i mean,

thanks
Hello, yes you can do that by running the star das or xentry in simulation mode. There you can read all the faults or errors in the module you select. Then you can follow the procedure. But the best way is to connect the real car because many times some things are missing from the simulation. If you know the fault code I can help you with the checking.

If I helped you please press thanks and reputation button!!!

thanks for your reply
07-12-2018, 06:45 AM
Please post the fault codes.. many of us can look at them and tell you if you need to look further..

________________________________________________________________________________​‚Äč______

Remember the THANKS and + buttons if this helps you... It just makes me feel good
 Thanks given by: pesona , xtremem23 , diagnostix , HestonDiag , michael130509
Yesterday, 07:34 AM
Mercedes Benz RE: such a thing as offline fault code diagnostics ?
(07-12-2018 06:45 AM)Rocinante Wrote:  Please post the fault codes.. many of us can look at them and tell you if you need to look further..

@momosam got my install resolved, all good now and thanks for the offer of looking up my codes @Rocinante.

both are credit to the forum for helping people like me out, cheers.
 Thanks given by: momosam
Yesterday, 10:15 AM (This post was last modified: Yesterday 10:16 AM by HestonDiag.)
Little tip you may find handy - simulation mode is often a little "stupid".

Sometimes you may enter vehicle details, then it asks you for more information about the vehicle, then more information about the vehicle again and again, then you find you can't connect to many control units.

When setting up the simulation run, make sure you enter the correct options when it asks you questions (especially important to make sure you select the correct engine code for the chassis type).

I have to say I love this feature of Star so if I go out to a tricky job (or one I haven't understood quickly) I can save the fault codes, go back home and read as long as I want, research relevant wiring diagrams or other info in WIS, then go back next day more confident to actually nail the job.
 Thanks given by: pesona , diagnostix , michael130509

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Mercedes Benz MB 7G.SCN coding data collection for OFFLINE programming - Actualised 24.6.2018 daxxer 805 147,730 Today 08:22 AM
Last Post: 771271
  DAS ME 2.8 Offline Initial Startup "A Fault has Occurred" posk69 18 978 07-14-2018 12:52 PM
Last Post: Mackhack
  Headlight SCN coding offline 2007 S550 SoftMasterG 6 469 07-14-2018 07:09 AM
Last Post: audiomeca
  DAS PKW/SMART/Transporter Offline Programming 2014+2015+2016+2017+2018 pesona 249 66,886 07-03-2018 05:38 AM
Last Post: pesona
  xentry flashing offline 2017.03 PAWERSOS 2 356 07-02-2018 05:29 PM
Last Post: leminhautotek

User(s) browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content