To obtain your inv. code (registration code) kindly contact [email protected] Please note that, guests have limited sections to view
If you are a registered member in MHH and not able to login or recover your account, Kindly contact [email protected]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
1996 International 9400 i problems.
Hi! I would ask for help with issues on 96 eagle 9400 i.Is detroit s 60 engine on,pto,cc and A/C does work and I have no idea why.A/C system is all new from A to Z.Is no any module to control like mounted on 1997 models,a/c turn On since build pressure turn off compressor and don't turn on engine fan.I have manual turn off/on A/c to turn on a/c again.Also engine fan does work(work before a/c system replaced) even when coolant temp increase over 215F.Manual override switch work.Switches works,sensors works,no pressed pedal signal no faults.No pto,no cc,even when jpro show switches response to turn on.All fuses new(inc 3 fuses under sleeper),new relays,checked all connectors for corrosive issue,cables e.t.c New battery,ground and two month work to make this work.Jake Brake work like hell,weird think I figured is while I press accelerator pedal and hold on 1700rpm after 30 sec engine decrease rpm to 1500.I never saw this before,truck have two Detroit power onboard display for opti idle,but even when I disconnected both nothing change.Thanks for any ideas what can control a/c and what to do to fix this .Regards!
Thanks given by:
There is a pressure switch located near condensor by the radiator which controls fan operation for ac. Possible switch is bad or that someone has installed a jumper wire.
If i helped thanks and rep are appreciated Fing32
Thanks given by: silnoreki
(07-12-2018, 04:42 AM)silnoreki Wrote: Hi! I would ask for help with issues on 96 eagle 9400 i.Is detroit s 60 engine on,pto,cc and A/C does work and I have no idea why.A/C system is all new from A to Z.Is no any module to control like mounted on 1997 models,a/c turn On since build pressure turn off compressor and don't turn on engine fan.I have manual turn off/on A/c to turn on a/c again.Also engine fan does work(work before a/c system replaced) even when coolant temp increase over 215F.Manual override switch work.Switches works,sensors works,no pressed pedal signal no faults.No pto,no cc,even when jpro show switches response to turn on.All fuses new(inc 3 fuses under sleeper),new relays,checked all connectors for corrosive issue,cables e.t.c New battery,ground and two month work to make this work.Jake Brake work like hell,weird think I figured is while I press accelerator pedal and hold on 1700rpm after 30 sec engine decrease rpm to 1500.I never saw this before,truck have two Detroit power onboard display for opti idle,but even when I disconnected both nothing change.Thanks for any ideas what can control a/c and what to do to fix this .Regards!

International runs a cutout low pressure switch h. That when low pressure switch kicks out. It locks relay open until u cycle the ac switch which in turn recycles the relay to re engage the ac system. 96 should have the low pressure switch inside heater box next to expansion valve. That should fix Ur ac. The hi pressure switch h for fan should be mounted on high side line coming out of your compressor.

Also. Check the back of fan switch. They were known for burning up terminals. Also. Hope this helps
If this info is worth more than u paid for it hit thanks and rep
While I disconnect sensor near compressor fan not turn on, not on even when coolant temp is over 210 ,only when I switch manual override switch what is confirm fan harness is ok .All fuses, relays and sensors is new and cost more then gold.Weird think is fan,pto works before a/c system replaced.I check wires,power,ground,replace harness from a/c box to main and issues still.
Thanks given by:
I have all those wiring diagrams from OnCommand. However.... don't know how to upload them to you. If someone what's to do it we can talk. If not look for OnCommand on here. Someone has to have it for free. The wiring diagrams are super simple in those trucks. You are prolly going to find a broken wire someplace. If you have Detroit software (not sure what one there are like 5 million versions) check to see if the fan is "on" when it should be. if not than its a wire.

Ahhhh simple wires...... miss those days.
I think to made harness and relays to turn on fan, compressor off while a/c pressure I high and made fan control by automotive sensor installed in cylinder head.And Rostra aftermarket cc kit 250-1223.Dealer say over the phone is max 3 labor hour to diagnose x145$.I stuck on think what option is better.One side is to made everything work as should,second is 22 year old truck and everything can happen on harness, connectors.Truck drive like new and when I compare parts price from international i have no idea what is best to do.Regards!
Thanks given by:
regardless of the trucks age, unless its already all hacked up, i always prefer to fix it correctly rather than turning it into a hacked up pile of junk (unless the customer states he wants a quick patch job, which i still hate and ill eat a couple hours trying to fix it right if i have to)

im not familiar with the older 13 letter shitspreaders, but a/c systems are usually pretty simple. low pressure n/o switch and a high pressure n/c switch to supply power the compressor clutch (and high pressure switch is usually tied into the ecm to turn on fan). if the a/c charge is correct, and pressures are good. you have a bad switch. if the charge is correct and pressures are not in spec, you have an issue in the system (plugged exp valve or poor airflow on the condenser)
I agree to always repair any issue in right way.But other side is any parts for old truck cost like gold.I bring this truck to dealer,and just for check is over 745$.With 530$ spend on rostra cruise kit,automotive fan switch,relays,fuses,switches e.t.c I can get all works.And this make me confused every time when I have to deal with way to fix issues on old trucks.Regards
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2008 4700 international brake lights only turn off with signal lights CDNFirewerks 7 99 10-12-2018, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Sdtruck12
  calibration for international ecmtecnicard 0 77 10-12-2018, 01:59 AM
Last Post: ecmtecnicard
  International Navistar Diamond Logic Builder (DLB) 2015 Kg jahacmm 221 11,473 10-11-2018, 09:58 AM
Last Post: kikis
  International DT466E ecu replacement programming? cerebrosimportados 9 290 10-10-2018, 05:18 PM
Last Post: kamiar
  International Navistar Diamond Logic Builder (DLB) Fleet 2015 v15518 + Key jahacmm 158 15,558 10-10-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: stev