To obtain your registration code or if you are not able to recover your MHH account, kindly contact [email protected]
MHH is in-compatible with Internet explorer!
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average

2010 Ford Focus RS - All Keys Lost

I have a 2010 Ford Focus RS with all the keys lost. Originally from Mexico now in USA so I can't take it to a dealer. I bought a used key on eBay. How can I program the key to it? I have Forscan and modified ELM327. Can I use that or do I need a different hardware or software?

Thank you!
Thanks given by:
Yeee..I know U cant go to main dealer 39
So ,my TIP is U have to go to main dealer Fing32
Thanks given by:
(05-31-2018, 01:23 AM)EyeDreamt Wrote: I have a 2010 Ford Focus RS with all the keys lost. Originally from Mexico now in USA so I can't take it to a dealer. I bought a used key on eBay. How can I program the key to it? I have Forscan and modified ELM327. Can I use that or do I need a different hardware or software?

Thank you!
You will need two KEYS is ford / Mazda thing and FMPC001<=Google , will do keys or get outcode post here leave ignition on and Forscan on untill finished Big Grin
Thanks given by: diagnostix
I don't know if foracan can do it but as Mr fraze said, you need 2 keys. Scott's Ford IDs VM has a build in calculator for incodes. But you would need a Ford vcm2
Toyota/Lexus Flash files (USA)
Dodge flash files
PM for more info
Thanks given by:
(05-31-2018, 02:49 AM)fraze Wrote: You will need two KEYS is ford / Mazda thing and FMPC001<=Google , will do keys or get outcode post here leave ignition on and Forscan on untill finished Big Grin

(05-31-2018, 03:10 AM)MrPhil Wrote: I don't know if foracan can do it but as Mr fraze said, you need 2 keys. Scott's Ford IDs VM has a build in calculator for incodes. But you would need a Ford vcm2

I'll have to figure out the part number for the keys so I can order another (or really two). The one I have I'm not even sure will work because it's for a non-RS 2010 UK focus.

So if the VCM will do the same thing as the FMPC001 then it seems like I should get the VCM instead since it will also do a lot more. Is that right? I see a lot of "clones". Are any of them ok or do I need a real VCM?
Thanks given by:
There's so many different clone quality.. 100$ won't get you anything valuable.

Best case scenario, you spend over 1000$ for a used OEM vcm2 is u can find one.

Or around 200$ for an sp-177c clone China vcm2 which are the best clone on the market. You may still have difficulty using the programming features on your 2010 PCM
Toyota/Lexus Flash files (USA)
Dodge flash files
PM for more info
Thanks given by: EyeDreamt
Thanks for the advice. I just ordered a sp-177c. I'll give that a shot and it doesn't work then I'll probably just abandon the entire approach and just get a Syvecs standalone and wire up push-button start without any key or anything. May as well do that for $2k than spend $1k+ to get the factory system working. This will end up being a 100% track dedicated car anyway.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…

Replies: 0
Views: 42
4 hours ago
Ford
Replies: 1,134
Views: 192,005
Yesterday, 07:52 PM
Porshe
Replies: 4
Views: 338