To obtain your registration ID "Invitation Code", please send your request to: [email protected]
Please note that, guests have limited sections to view!!!
Dear Respected Members, please abide by the rules of the forum and avoid posting unacceptable comments or illegal software. Thanks!
If you are a registered member in MHH and not able to login or recover your account, Kindly contact [email protected]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 western star 5700
Ive got a 2017 Western Star 5700 with a DD-15. It has a dead data link, no voltage on either legs. fuse f48(I think, i'll have to check when i get back to the shop) its for the gate way controller and the 2amp fuse popped. put in and cluster works but unit still has no communication. I'm trying to find some wiring or any info. I have tried isolating all modules to see if one was shorting the data link but no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Thanks given by:
(09-14-2018, 04:11 AM)mxx20 Wrote: Ive got a 2017 Western Star 5700 with a DD-15. It has a dead data link, no voltage on either legs. fuse f48(I think, i'll have to check when i get back to the shop) its for the gate way controller and the 2amp fuse popped. put in and cluster works but unit still has no communication. I'm trying to find some wiring or any info. I have tried isolating all modules to see if one was shorting the data link but no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
vin#?
Thanks given by: mxx20
6n420039
Thanks given by:
can you get me the whole truck vin i cant get what you gave me to come up as a western star
Thanks given by: mxx20
5kjjbhdr8hlhy0156.... some reason the trucks got 2 vins on it Fing20
Thanks given by:
take a look at some of this maybe it'll help

Attached Files
download.txt
File Type: .txt
Downloaded: 15 times
Size: 70 bytes

Thanks given by: mxx20 , timbruun , am2000am
Thanks, but digging more into it, it seems as if its shorted out the datalink somewhere....
Thanks given by:
Basic J1939 diagnostics.

Key on and check for voltage on the high and low circuit. One should be around 2.4v and the other is 2.6v. They should not be equal and both should total very close to 5v.

Batteries disconnected, check both circuits to see if either go to ground. Both circuits should show infinity or no connection. Next, check how much resistance is across the high and low circuits. 60 or 120 ohms? Should be 60 ohms. If it reads 120 ohms then one of the terminating resisters isn't working.
Thanks given by: quality truck , Starlight , mxx20 , lewap
Thanks Iroc, ive done that repeatedly. if you use a oscilosope, starts at 2.3 and 2.7, then drops instantly to .3v on both. Im getting back on it first thing this morning and hopefully getting it out of here. im going to recheck everything again after a few days off and see what ive missed
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
AA+john-deere-utility-mat+(7) Detroit Reflash 05 Western Star Hank 0 80 06-15-2018, 06:22 AM
Last Post: Hank
AA+john-deere-utility-mat+(7) Complete program Caterpillar SIS 2017 A + CRACKER 2017 A - FULL gledison.freire 21 4,397 03-30-2018, 12:41 AM
Last Post: dlshad56
  2014 Western Star gauges not working One Source Diesel 3 115 01-30-2018, 12:00 PM
Last Post: pies
Mercedes Benz MB star rs232 cable problem tec_truck 2 107 12-31-2017, 09:44 AM
Last Post: viktor.lukyanchuk.1983
  2015 Western Star a/c Diagram OmniVersatile 2 191 11-29-2017, 05:35 PM
Last Post: Samsquantch84