MHH is not accepting new members for free at this time. The registration fee is now 30 USD. If you are interested, please send an email to [email protected]
Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 3.76 Average

Autocom/Delphi clone modifications summary

So, there are a lot of different components that either are flawed, missing or simply wrong(like the zener diodes).

Please post all modifications you have done to your vci's, explain why, which values of the components, if possible post a picture of the board and component you replaced or added and also specify which version of the vci it is, dual or single pcb.

I imagine this will be a valuable resource for us that want the best out of our Chinese clones.

Known so far by me are the D701 and D703 zeners switched into LL4148 switch diodes which made the clones I've had in my hands work on M.A.N bus chassis. The faulty ones are 5v zeners, they are supposed to be 30v zeners but you might as well remove them entirely. If you feed the VCI 30v it will likely incinerate regardless of these zeners being there or not.

A second mod I've come up with myself is to scrape off the pcb Bluetooth antenna(leaving 3mm to solder to) if you have poor reception and solder in a single piece of pure copper wire, 63-64mm long and then route it towards the bottom of the vci, make sure it's insulated though. This boosted mine from 1meter range to 3m.
Reason behind this is that the Bluetooth module is soldered onto the mainboard and then sandwiched between that and the relay board, both of which are plated with huge ground planes = effective shielding for the poor little "snake looking" bt antenna.

Keep filling up with useful info people!

Edit: updated the post about the zeners
Thanks given by: miroslav
hello,
an question about the diodes, there are several types in voltage and so on.
can you give me the full description of the LL4148 diode, for the ds150e.
kind regards,
hans

(05-31-2015, 08:23 PM)ThunderWolf78 Wrote: So, there are a lot of different components that either are flawed, missing or simply wrong(like the zener diodes).

Please post all modifications you have done to your vci's, explain why, which values of the components, if possible post a picture of the board and component you replaced or added and also specify which version of the vci it is, dual or single pcb.

I imagine this will be a valuable resource for us that want the best out of our Chinese clones.

Known so far by me are the D701 and D703 zeners switched into LL4148 switch diodes which made the clones I've had in my hands work on M.A.N bus chassis.

A second mod I've come up with myself is to scrape off the pcb Bluetooth antenna(leaving 3mm to solder to) if you have poor reception and solder in a single piece of pure copper wire, 63-64mm long and then route it towards the bottom of the vci, make sure it's insulated though. This boosted mine from 1meter range to 3m.

Keep filling up with useful info people!
Thanks given by:
The ones I sourced from swedish Electrokit are rated 75V, 300mA, packaging: miniMELF. Looks exactly like the faulty zeners except them being switch diodes instead.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…

Replies: 1
Views: 175
05-23-2024, 03:53 PM

Replies: 3
Views: 334
05-18-2024, 02:20 AM

Replies: 136
Views: 34,112
05-14-2024, 01:15 AM