Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

BMW e90 checksum error in flash

Good evening guys,

I have a BMW e90, m47, with edc16 ecu.  Car is a non starter.  I can connect with diagnostics to ecu, but if I try to view live data, I have all values "not available".

I tried to bdm ecu, but I get checksum error at 99% when reading flash, and file size is only 709kb.  I am using ktag.

My question is, if I try to write flash from another ecu with same HW and SW number, will car start if probllem is.only due to flash?
Thanks given by:
(12-03-2019, 06:55 AM)ryn079 Wrote: hey send the namber of the ecu . is normal .no problem you can take it . if you no broken  it . maybe sameone have it . 
Thanks given by: ryn079
(12-03-2019, 06:55 AM)ryn079 Wrote: Good evening guys,

I have a BMW e90, m47, with edc16 ecu.  Car is a non starter.  I can connect with diagnostics to ecu, but if I try to view live data, I have all values "not available".

I tried to bdm ecu, but I get checksum error at 99% when reading flash, and file size is only 709kb.  I am using ktag.

My question is, if I try to write flash from another ecu with same HW and SW number, will car start if probllem is.only due to flash?
you has ori ktag ? you has open ticket they send flash file 1 option recovery 
second option you has galletto read ecu  later  modified cheksum write whit ktag  only need make cheksum normally 2 bytes  and you can recovery you ecu you has flash file other ecu put file  you has diferent vin number  in egu later has message ews manipulated  this car has cas but this is same need sincro dme whit cas  car start whit any problem 
later chek whit diagnosis  fault its possible has message alternator signal no okay  its possible alternator damaged o ibs  inteligent battery positive battery box in reg cable in trunk battery its defective  whit this you car recovery ecu  sorry for me english
use the donate button if plan A fails us
have prepared a plan B
BANBAN
Thanks given by: KriyenKPp , ryn079
Faulty ECU hardware. Replace or repair bro.
Thanks given by:
(12-03-2019, 08:40 AM)meroteki Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 06:55 AM)ryn079 Wrote: Good evening guys,

you has ori ktag ? you has open ticket they send flash file 1 option recovery 
second option you has galletto read ecu  later  modified cheksum write whit ktag  only need make cheksum normally 2 bytes  and you can recovery you ecu you has flash file other ecu put file  you has diferent vin number  in egu later has message ews manipulated  this car has cas but this is same need sincro dme whit cas  car start whit any problem 
later chek whit diagnosis  fault its possible has message alternator signal no okay  its possible alternator damaged o ibs  inteligent battery positive battery box in reg cable in trunk battery its defective  whit this you car recovery ecu  sorry for me english
Thanks for all the information. I wrote a new flash file using ktag, and when I read ecu after writing flash, I got a new vin vin sw update number.  Will now try on car and do cas dde alignment.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…

BMW
Replies: 2
Views: 72
11 hours ago

Replies: 3
Views: 64
Yesterday, 10:42 PM
BMW
Replies: 2
Views: 119