To obtain your registration code or if you are not able to recover your MHH account, kindly contact [email protected]
MHH is in-compatible with Internet explorer!
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

DD15 TO DDEC 4 CABIN CONFIG

Hello everyone, could you help me to configure the instruments in cascadia year 2013 epa10, which changed the engine of a DD15 to DDEC 4, the problem is that we do not know how to make the interface of the ECM DDEC 4 to the cabin of the cascadia . I have asked the members of the forum for their help - thank you very much (EVERSEAS), we have done so far is the following:
• Connect the J1939 protocols on the ECM DDEC 4 on the communication connector (E-F pins) directly to the CPCM input to connector 2 (GRAY pin 2/16 and 2/18) using a 120 ohm resistor
• The resistance is connected in series on the GRAY pin pins (2/16 and 2/18) on CPCM.

at the moment we have not been able to solve this problem.we appreciate any help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
hi, i can help you
i already made an adaptation like the one you are doing.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by: quality truck , rolando
Hello Thanks you
. I would appreciate your valuable help
Thanks given by:
Try wiring your j1939 from the ddec 4 ecm to the backside of the 9 pin data link connector.  The cpc will no longer be used.  Also your steering wheel switches will no longer work you will need to hard wire them directly to new switches that you will need to install in the dash from like an older columbia.
Thanks given by: rolando , drtrcr27
(09-14-2019, 06:05 PM)rolando Wrote: Hello Thanks you
. I would appreciate your valuable help
Listen  Hey Rolando, you don`t want to make any deals with the..........  well look whats written on the hood!  Listen

(09-14-2019, 07:40 PM)Detroit60 Wrote: Try wiring your j1939 from the ddec 4 ecm to the backside of the 9 pin data link connector.  The cpc will no longer be used.  Also your steering wheel switches will no longer work you will need to hard wire them directly to new switches that you will need to install in the dash from like an older columbia.
The buttons will not work, DDECT5 hardwired inputs, but he can still use the buttons for cruise  simply by interrupting the ground and sending it to ECM input  
The CPC2 is taking taking the RPM from data link that being broadcasted  by MCM DDEC5 is also broadcasting the rpm and the speed sensor  is wired to CPC2 since there is no MCM2 interaction the speedometer will continue to work  Tup
 Theoretically

(09-14-2019, 07:40 PM)Detroit60 Wrote: Try wiring your j1939 from the ddec 4 ecm to the backside of the 9 pin data link connector.  The cpc will no longer be used.  Also your steering wheel switches will no longer work you will need to hard wire them directly to new switches that you will need to install in the dash from like an older columbia.
The buttons will not work, DDEC5 has hardwired inputs, but he can still use the buttons for cruise  simply by interrupting the ground and sending it to ECM input  
The CPC2 is taking the RPM from data link that`s broadcasted  by MCM2,  DDEC5 is also broadcasting the rpm and the speed sensor is wired to CPC2 since there is no MCM2 interaction the speedometer will continue to work  Tup
 Theoretically
Thanks given by: rolando
The first step we tried was to connect it from the ECM DDEC 4 ( wire E-F) to the 9-pin conector (DIAGNÓSTIC TOOL PLUG on j1939 side and it did not work after recommendations connect the J1939 signals of the DDEC 4 to the 21-pin connector of the cab using a 120 ohm resistor in series without RESULT.
Thanks given by:
(09-14-2019, 08:06 PM)rolando Wrote: The first step we tried was to connect it from the ECM DDEC 4 ( wire E-F) to the 9-pin conector (DIAGNÓSTIC TOOL PLUG on j1939 side and it did not work after recommendations connect the J1939 signals of the DDEC 4 to the 21-pin connector of the cab using a 120 ohm resistor in series without RESULT.
Man that`s 2 old detroit 60 is right, listen to him, DDE4 communicates via J1708 it has a very limited j1939 functionality, don`t see pass a auto transmission
just one question, DDEC4 ? SERIOUSLY?
Get your self a good butcher knife and start chopping!
Might work if he got a harness with a 1708 to 1939 converter . Cost more to do it right
(09-14-2019, 08:30 AM)rolando Wrote: Hello everyone, could you help me to configure the instruments in cascadia year 2013 epa10, which changed the engine of a DD15 to DDEC 4, the problem is that we do not know how to make the interface of the ECM DDEC 4 to the cabin of the cascadia . I have asked the members of the forum for their help - thank you very much (EVERSEAS), we have done so far is the following:
• Connect the J1939 protocols on the ECM DDEC 4 on the communication connector (E-F pins) directly to the CPCM input to connector 2 (GRAY pin 2/16 and 2/18) using a 120 ohm resistor
• The resistance is connected in series on the GRAY pin pins (2/16 and 2/18) on CPCM.

at the moment we have not been able to solve this problem.we appreciate any help.

hi Rolando you only needs this protocol translator https://c-a-i.net/gliderlink i have use this in many conversions of cascadias
Thanks given by: kuracnabiciklu , rolando

Possibly Related Threads…

Replies: 6
Views: 882
Today, 04:27 AM

Replies: 3
Views: 119
Today, 12:53 AM

Replies: 1
Views: 87
09-16-2019, 10:12 AM

Replies: 12