Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

FLEET MAX SPEED LIMITING FOR FORD, DODGE, AND GMC.

Hey guys.  Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm not overly familiar with cars and pickups.  I work for a large gas/power company that wants to limit the top speed of all their vehicles.  We've taken care of all the rigs and heavy equipment, but I have no clue what programs/interface devices I need for the support fleet.  It's around 200 cars and pickups and they are all Fords, Dodge, or GMC.  They are fazing out the GMC's eventually so even something that will work with the first two would be great.  Would really appreciate any input.  Thanx in advance.
Thanks given by:
Hello!
Good question. What kind of cars? More precisely, an example.
Rep and Thanks If I Helped  Wink @efimaster
Thanks given by: Graglor
(06-26-2020, 02:52 AM)Graglor Wrote: Hey guys.  Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm not overly familiar with cars and pickups.  I work for a large gas/power company that wants to limit the top speed of all their vehicles.  We've taken care of all the rigs and heavy equipment, but I have no clue what programs/interface devices I need for the support fleet.  It's around 200 cars and pickups and they are all Fords, Dodge, or GMC.  They are fazing out the GMC's eventually so even something that will work with the first two would be great.  Would really appreciate any input.  Thanx in advance.
Hi, really not a problem to do those , the issue will be that if you buy programmer for each vehicle that will turn out very expensive. We do pickup fleet and school bus fleet with our own tool and we customized every calibration , (so keep in mind that if the vehicle visit a dealer for a recall or else and if they flash the ecm the customization is lost)  not one for all type of thing. Don't know where you're located but look around and if you have contact with school bus fleet they might guide you to a local supplier . What we do is install the latest ecm file from the dealer with the speed limiter change. Hope this help
I called Ford and the tech said that IDS could do this, but could not explain how. I assume it's with the engineering function. Maybe someone who knows IDS a bit better could explain how.
(06-26-2020, 04:52 AM)Efimaster Wrote: Hello!
Good question. What kind of cars? More precisely, an example.
Thanx for the reply and sorry for my late reply.  GMC 3500 pickups, Ford F150 and F350's.  The odd Ford Escape and Jeep Patriot.  Mostly concerned with the Fords and GMC.

(07-01-2020, 09:28 PM)50Satoshi Wrote: I called Ford and the tech said that IDS could do this, but could not explain how. I assume it's with the engineering function. Maybe someone who knows IDS a bit better could explain how.
Thanx.  I'll check out Ford IDS.

(06-26-2020, 06:34 AM)paul_mike Wrote:
(06-26-2020, 02:52 AM)Graglor Wrote: Hey guys.  Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm not overly familiar with cars and pickups.  I work for a large gas/power company that wants to limit the top speed of all their vehicles.  We've taken care of all the rigs and heavy equipment, but I have no clue what programs/interface devices I need for the support fleet.  It's around 200 cars and pickups and they are all Fords, Dodge, or GMC.  They are fazing out the GMC's eventually so even something that will work with the first two would be great.  Would really appreciate any input.  Thanx in advance.
Hi, really not a problem to do those , the issue will be that if you buy programmer for each vehicle that will turn out very expensive. We do pickup fleet and school bus fleet with our own tool and we customized every calibration , (so keep in mind that if the vehicle visit a dealer for a recall or else and if they flash the ecm the customization is lost)  not one for all type of thing. Don't know where you're located but look around and if you have contact with school bus fleet they might guide you to a local supplier . What we do is install the latest ecm file from the dealer with the speed limiter change. Hope this help
Thanx.  I'm in Canada.  I'll check that out.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…

AA Bosch-logo
Replies: 23
Views: 7,072
07-03-2020, 06:17 AM
Dodge
Replies: 7
Views: 663
06-23-2020, 05:00 PM
Dodge
Replies: 13