To obtain your registration code or if you are not able to recover your MHH account, kindly contact [email protected]
MHH is in-compatible with Internet explorer!
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average

Freightliner columbia AC gremlins

We have a Columbia that has left me scratching my head lately. The AC has been acting up. It appears that the front control unit is not sensing fan speed some times and keeping the clutch from engaging even though the fan is running. If I mess with the ac switch and fan speed it will suddenly start to register fan speed and kick the clutch on. I can get it to work with no more than 2 tries every time so far. But for the driver I is barely working at all. The kicker is that the fan, Wiring harness and control unit were all replaced last summer/ fall.
Thanks given by:
if you are sure that pressure sensors are ok, it gonna be either control unit or fan blower.
Thanks given by: lewap
I had it happen few times that the fan was the issue. It will kick the clutch only for few seconds with start up and than nothing. (Fan blowing but not engaging the clutch). Try the fan first
Thanks given by:
(05-30-2018, 07:47 AM)lewap Wrote: I had it happen few times that the fan was the issue. It will kick the clutch only for few seconds with start up and than nothing. (Fan blowing but not engaging the clutch). Try the fan first

I watch everything with service link. The problem is always the fan speed not reading even though the fan is running full speed.

I was thinking that the fan would be the first thing to replace..... Again!
Thanks given by: Sdtruck12
Make sure it has all grounds and leads to control unit if not I would say fan. If I remember correctly those even have like a little board controller on the fan that’s probably what’s not sending speed to unit
Thanks given by:
seen lots of harness problems on those even new or recently replaced ones at the stealership..
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…

Replies: 8
Views: 1,294
Yesterday, 04:00 AM

Replies: 5
Views: 177
07-02-2019, 03:38 AM

Replies: 15
Views: 461
06-17-2019, 12:36 AM