Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average

Genuine drew tech mongoose cables

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the genuine mongoose pro cables are useable with other vehicles ie; jaguar/lr pro cable with techstream and vice versa?

I currently use a snap on tool, but I am looking at buying a drewtech cable for either JLR or Toyota.

Thanks
drop me a message if you need any help with Land Cruisers
Thanks given by:
(09-06-2015, 11:07 AM)Landcruiser Wrote: Hi all,

Does anyone know if the genuine mongoose pro cables are useable with other vehicles ie; jaguar/lr pro cable with techstream and vice versa?

I currently use a snap on tool, but I am looking at buying a drewtech cable for either JLR or Toyota.

Thanks

YES , The JLR Cable will work with techstream also
Thanks given by: Landcruiser , ibmman
Hi, I'm thinking to buy Genuine Mongoose Pro VAG cable to use with ODIS? Just wonder if it would work with JLR, Toyota and maybe Ford/Mazda as well? Has anyone tryed it?

Thanks in advance
Thanks given by:
If I'm not mistaken there's a table somewhere on the internet describing the differences between various mongoose cables. If I'm not mistaken there're subtle differences with some pinouts/protocol support. But on the other hand the chinese MongoosePro JLR cable works quite good with JLR SDD, ODIS, Techstream, BMW Rheingold ISTA/D, Opel Tech2Win and I probably forgot some other ones. I don't know if Ford/Mazda supports J2534 for diagnosis - but on the other hand Forscan and elmconfig are quite good for that with cheap cables available.
I usually do and write stupid shit, but if I helped you please take a second and leave a positive rep and/or thanks.
Thanks given by: Domantas
Sorry for digging up an old post, but it relates to my situation. I have a 2001 Toyota Land Cruiser.  I'm trying to diagnose ABS codes with my LC.  I have a J2534 Mini VCI cable, but it's version 1.4.1, I read somewhere it's only good for post-2005 and newer. So I need a Pre-2005 or 1996 to present cable.  What cable brand or store is recommended?

Thanks in Advance!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…

Replies: 4
Views: 130
01-13-2020, 01:48 PM

Replies: 2
Views: 127
01-11-2020, 11:12 AM

Replies: 3
Views: 231
01-04-2020, 08:52 PM