To obtain your inv. code (registration code) kindly contact [email protected] Please note that, guests have limited sections to view
If you are a registered member in MHH and not able to login or recover your account, Kindly contact [email protected]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Golf 4 1.9 TDI AHF Rate my tune Stage 2
Hello, I want to rate my stage 2 remap of a VW Golf 4 1.9 TDI AHF 110hp with a turbo from 131 PD and 0.240 nozzles.
I don't have the original file anymore but I'll upload a similar one.
I tried it and there is lots of smoke and I think that I could get more power from this setup.Could you please give me some advices?

Attached Files
golf 4 remap.rar
File Type: .rar
Downloaded: 23 times
Size: 246.8 KB

Thanks given by:
(07-11-2018, 11:31 PM)rodoo96 Wrote: Hello, I want to rate my stage 2 remap of a VW Golf 4 1.9 TDI AHF 110hp with a turbo from 131 PD and 0.240 nozzles.
I tried it and there is lots of smoke and I think that I could get more power from this setup.Could you please give me some advices?

[Image: picard-facepalm.jpg]
Professional tuning solution
TProt/GPT patching CVN fix
MED17/EDC17 cloning & IMMO off

Thanks given by: diagnostix , 8ball , jahacmm
Perfect answer!
Please don't forget the Rate & Thanks buttons below. Help is free when you push them.   Handshake
Thanks given by: 8ball , svvag2000
Okay, so I know that it is not good remap but I wanted you to give me some advice, not laugh at it.So could you help me?
Thanks given by: Mirnel
I suspect this is the part that may have generated that picture...

"I don't have the original file anymore but I'll upload a similar one.
I tried it and there is lots of smoke and I think that I could get more power from this setup."
Please don't forget the Rate & Thanks buttons below. Help is free when you push them.   Handshake
Thanks given by:
Contact me , I will solve your problem
Tuning Stage 1-2-3 / DPF OFF / EGR OFF / CAT OFF / L2 O2 REMOVE / Speed limiter / Swirl flap disable / DTC OFF etc .....
IMMO OFF : EDC17/MED17/MEV17 Kia&Hyundai ME17.9.11.1/12/21 MED(G)17.9.8
ME7.9.7/M(G)7.9.8
etc.......

Thanks given by: diagnostix
(07-11-2018, 11:31 PM)rodoo96 Wrote: Hello, I want to rate my stage 2 remap of a VW Golf 4 1.9 TDI AHF 110hp with a turbo from 131 PD and 0.240 nozzles.
WITHOUT SETUP INFO CAR AND DIFFICULT TO ADVISE HOW TO TUNER ... For better tuning inform intercoler, exhaust line, pump piston mm, IQ pump, map sensor (I advise to put the 051c for better turbo control if it exceeds 1.6bar ) ??? Test this tuning also has the maf off if you want to ecu assume cancellation and just disconnect the plug. ori + stage1+ pass pm

Attached Files
golf 4 alh.rar
File Type: .rar
Downloaded: 10 times
Size: 244.32 KB

Thanks given by: rodoo96
(07-12-2018, 02:42 AM)diagnostix Wrote: I suspect this is the part that may have generated that picture...

"I don't have the original file anymore but I'll upload a similar one.
I tried it and there is lots of smoke and I think that I could get more power from this setup."

I know some local 'tuner' / car shop owner (they sold Quantum tuning maps, so only read & write business) who thinks more smoke = more power.... and thats sad, he dosnt even understand how diesel engines work. He request from Quantum something like this "i need more smoke so it will be more powerfull' (not written that good, he suck in english more than i), and he dosnt belive when told that 2.4diesel volvo's orginal turbo can't produce that much air to gain more power and it will only produce more smoke, get high EGT's, back presure etc.. And then this goddamn idiot cry's when 2.4 dosnt feel quick (infact it was slower with those 'lot of smoke' maps because injection timingn etc was soo wrong...) but, mayby he will learn some day, or not..
Speaks to the customers that he's MB C200CDI produces 600hp and lot of torque, but it does only smoke Big Grin and (he's Volvo D5 is the quickiest in Scandinavia, only programmed, NOTHING ELSE done to that car) and tell's to customers that if diesel dosnt produce lot of smoke, it can't be powerfull...

Why people think that more smoke = more power? Its just unburned fuel..
Ofcourse powerful diesels will smoke some, but if everything is ok and air/fuel -ratio is optimal, there is not that much smoke after all.

I know that i'm rookie in this business, started about year a go, and i know that i dont know a shit and i learn everyday new, but atleast i know the basic's and try to learn from better tuners, try to read a lot when ever i can and so on.

Just my 0,02 euros & greetings from North were sun is shining 24/7 this time of year Smile Smile
Thanks given by: zenter , diagnostix
Yes I agree. Excessive smoke is caused by incomplete combustion. Normally a diesel engine runs with excess air. The fuel does not burn (as in a petrol engine) it detonates (explodes). If you cannot provide enough air then fuel is wasted and no more power is gained. Also if you have a car new enough to require a DPF then smoke is a visual sign that the DPF has been removed and can result in a fine in countries where emissions are taken seriously. Often black smoke can indicate an air leak in the boost system of a turbo where air is drawn in through the air mass meter, pressurised by the turbo and then lost from a leak in the high pressure side of the intake system. The ecu provides the calculated amount of fuel for the measured amount of air but as some of that air is lost before reaching the cylinders over-fueling results and black smoke is made. A bad tune can also cause this.
Thanks given by: psa auto

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Seat Rate My Tune Seat Leon 1.9 TDI ARL 150Hp Stevenx 2 58 52 minutes ago
Last Post: Stevenx
VW VW T4 97mod 2.4d 75hp stage 1 malamadre 5 153 10-18-2018, 12:01 AM
Last Post: GTB01
Skoda Octavia PCR2.1 1.6 TDI Problem with stage 1 tuning lipovcan5 28 1,275 10-17-2018, 03:10 PM
Last Post: mariusica_boy
Seat Seat Exeo 1.8 T 150 CV ME 7.5 stage 1 need Grand231 3 146 10-16-2018, 07:28 PM
Last Post: kirchhoff
VW Golf 5 1.9 tdi 66kw stage 1 Didan77 3 250 10-16-2018, 03:40 PM
Last Post: rmoftah