Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Highest diesel fuel operating and safe temperature

hello guys,

i have a Caterpillar C15 acert engine and most of the time have the alarm about high fuel temperature (91 Centigrade/195.8 Fahrenheit).

Although i have set the engine to not shut down at this temperature (most severe level), but i was wondering if someone here, could tell the real consequences that i will be faced if continuing to operate the engine with high temp fuel(more than 91 centigrade).........

is there any danger?
is there any risk of damaging to the wires, ecm, tubes, gasket or....?

some real consequences to make us clear in deciding about how to deal with it

thanks in advance......

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If I helped you in anyway, PLEASE just hit the REP [Image: postbit_reputation.gif] and THANKS [Image: postbit_thx.gif] Buttons under This Post.
And PLZ write any problem under my posts...
Thanks given by: Deus Violentia
I think this has to do with the correlation between density and temperature. The hotter the fuel is, the less dense it gets. Maybe you would run into an injection problem regarding inj. quantity and injection time once the fuel is too hot. Also you will surely change the result of the combustion process regarding emission values and the consumption will rise on high fuel temps.
Thanks given by: mili
(06-13-2020, 12:23 PM)Deus Violentia Wrote: I think this has to do with the correlation between density and temperature. The hotter the fuel is, the less dense it gets. Maybe you would run into an injection problem regarding inj. quantity and injection time once the fuel is too hot. Also you will surely change the result of the combustion process regarding emission values and the consumption will rise on high fuel temps.

Diesel contains SAPS (SAPS stands for Sulphated Ash, Phosphorus and Sulphur). At high temperatures they react with the metal and corrode your fuel injection system. 
genuine Delphi DS150E(Cars+Trucks), Bosch KTS 540 (ESI2.0), LAUNCH XDiag Pro3, Actia Passthru+ XS 2G (2018-SP6 43.61), OP-COM 2018 (Revision D+), VCDS HEX-v2 19.6.1, Mercedes-Benz+Fuso SDconnect C5 (longkey, 09/2019), Lexia III (Diagbox v9.23), FORD/MAZDA SVCI VCM (IDS 115), SDD JLR, Autel AP200, VAS5054a, VCP, MES3.9, Forscan, Hantek 6254BC
licenced Autodata, HaynesPRO
Thanks given by: mili , Deus Violentia