To obtain your registration ID "Invitation Code", please send your request to: [email protected]
Please note that, guests have limited sections to view!!!
Dear Respected Members, please abide by the rules of the forum and avoid posting unacceptable comments or illegal software. Thanks!
If you are a registered member in MHH and not able to login or recover your account, Kindly contact [email protected]

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.13 Average
Ista p won't start. Asks for folder location
10-22-2017, 06:45 AM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2017 12:23 PM by tdibooster.)
BMW Ista p won't start. Asks for folder location
My ista p loader no longer starts for some reason.
When I click on ista p a window appears asking for location of it. When I say C bmw/ ista p folder it says it's corrupt or incomplete.
Anyone any ideas?
How can I find out what's missing etc?
Been told I need to change loader to earlier version and re-add data procurement data. Anyone have this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2017, 01:17 PM
RE: Ista p won't start. Asks for folder location
(10-22-2017 06:45 AM)tdibooster Wrote:  My ista p loader no longer starts for some reason.
When I click on ista p a window appears asking for location of it. When I say C bmw/ ista p folder it says it's corrupt or incomplete.
Anyone any ideas?
Been told I need to change loader to earlier version and re-add data procurement data. Anyone have this?

I had the same problem and was able to fix it by replacing the contents of the ISTA-P folder in the "C" Drive (Except the "BMW" Folder; leave that one alone) they get corrupt, if you don't have access to a fresh folder from another computer let me know
11-04-2017, 10:44 PM
show the new path and all will works
11-05-2017, 05:19 PM
(10-22-2017 06:45 AM)tdibooster Wrote:  My ista p loader no longer starts for some reason.
Anyone any ideas?

I had the same problem. I believe it happened when i accidentally rebooted when ISTA-P loader was not done shutting down. Somehow it corrupted the ISTA-P folder. I wouldn't mess with trying to find out "whats bad" in the folder. Too risky, you don't wan't your programming sessions to crash unexpectedly. Hopefully you can do what i did and just unpack the ISTA-P files again, delete the original folder, and drop in a brand new untouched one. Restart the Loader, point it to the folder, and you're good to go.

Good Luck,

--Joel

If you appreciate my help, please give a Thanks and a +1 Rep Thankyou
11-08-2017, 01:48 AM
Solution is HERE
Fing32Handshake
11-08-2017, 09:49 AM
BMW RE: Ista p won't start. Asks for folder location
Anyone any ideas?

solution here
http://mhhauto.com/Thread-ISTA-P-repair-procedure
 Thanks given by: sazimam

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
BMW Ista-P 3.58.1 module programming issue lions 3 248 Yesterday 09:54 PM
Last Post: Willisodhiambo
BMW ISTA TORRENT LINK AutoHaus786 0 744 09-14-2018 09:27 AM
Last Post: AutoHaus786
  Failed To Start ISTA. Please Make Sure Your ISTA Configuration is Valid hasoon2000 14 17,131 09-12-2018 01:25 PM
Last Post: e-carey
BMW ISTA-P repair procedure sazimam 7 8,153 09-11-2018 06:34 PM
Last Post: macp
  ista p deinonychus 0 1,075 09-08-2018 12:46 PM
Last Post: deinonychus

User(s) browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content