To obtain your registration code or if you are not able to recover your MHH account, kindly contact [email protected]
MHH is in-compatible with Internet explorer!
Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.56 Average

Looking for VAS 6154

I looking for good quality VAS 6154.
[Image: Motor_logo21.png]
Thanks given by:
(08-14-2018, 12:02 AM)Roberto Wrote: I looking for good quality VAS 6154.
The only quality that you can found is the genuine Vas6154 since the chinese Vas6154 clones are either just a Vas5054a in a Vas6154 enclosed case or the bullshit allscanner vcx crap again in a Vas6154 enclosed case..........Fing20
Regarts........Beer
Thanks given by: diagnostix , Roberto , albert jackson
(08-14-2018, 04:02 AM)vagvag Wrote:
The only quality that you can found is the genuine Vas6154 since the chinese Vas6154 clones are either just a Vas5054a in a Vas6154 enclosed case or the bullshit allscanner vcx crap again in a Vas6154 enclosed case..........Fing20
Regarts........Beer

Just today I've been fighting with ODIS 4.4.1 and the BS 6154 on Windows 10.
ODIS did NOT recognize the VCI at all, never mind as a 6154. Not even after I used their VCX VCI-Manager software. Why call it something if it's not ??? Gangsters.
Finally came to the conclusion I'm going back to Win 7_64 and see if it would pass
as a 5054 . If not just throw the BS VCI away, wouldn't be the first Allscanner VCI I end up throwing away. Third one to be exact. Porsche Piwis 2, FTDI chip VCI.
JLR-SDD VCX nano, and this one. [of course when I bought this one I did not know it's an Allscanner product]...

This may help others, I really wrote this, to vent the days frustration....

Albert.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

To Allscanners defense, in Windows 7-64 the BS VAS6154 came up as a usable VCI, and it reads out the car. However it's use is cumbersome, the ODIS VCI software does not see it as a valid piece of hardware, but if one starts the Allscanner VCI Manager, and winds up the hardware and starts ODIS from that manager, then it can be used for what it's intended. But like I said it's cumbersome BS way of using this hardware.
BTW: If anyone is questioning what the abbreviation BS VCI is I'll spell it out, because it makes me feel BETTER. BULLSHIT VEHICLE COMMUNICATION INTERFACE.

People want to install ODIS, they want to plug in the interface, they want ODIS to recognize it as a 6154, and make it usable within the provided software. [ODIS]
If that can not be produced, than please DO NOT sell you inferior product. We don't want it.
U entered a marriage with the FTDI chip makers, and now, U don't know how to get away from them, ruining your products, they are good for that.
This was a message to George at Allscanner.
Potentially recall all the sold units and replace them with the appropriately working 6154s. Then maybe done something to redeem yourself, and your business.
Putting out all the squirelly working VCIs, [cheaper or not, doesn't even matter] is poor business.
Steeling a ton of time from people who want to start using them.
That is one thing, none of us get back, shameful !!!

Bottom line: it's still going in the trash can.

I most likely start using CarDaq-Plus 3... Many of car lines use it, and as I understand it can be used with ODIS as well.
Have a Cardaq-Plus [1] the blue box, for over ten years, and still working as it supposed to. That product is worth having.

I'm not sure if Ya'll can tell yet or not, but I'm way too tired of BS VCIs, don't even care what the money is on them.

Attached Files
.txt

CarDAQ-Plus 3.txt

46 bytes
Thanks given by: diagnostix , chcp , sineDko , Roberto , vagvag , godwtt
(08-14-2018, 04:02 AM)vagvag Wrote:

Well just as a follow up to my previous ranting:  here is my raving.

I did receive my CarDaQ 3 Plus  and it's working with ODIS 4.4.1 and 5.0.3 just fine. 

One needs to Install ODIS with a PassThrough  device, not 5054 or 6154.  In the early stages of the ODIS installation that is a question and STEP, that one needs to make. From then on it's a breeze.  That VCI  IS what it supposed to be, I guarantee it. 
Just as  my blue CardaQ Plus lasted me 10 years and still working,  this one probably will hold up just as well. 
My install is on Win 7_64.

Good Luck out there, Albert J.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…

Replies: 16
Views: 1,263
08-12-2019, 01:30 PM
VW
Replies: 0
Views: 123
07-25-2019, 11:42 PM
VW