To obtain your inv. code (registration code) kindly contact [email protected] Please note that, guests have limited sections to view
If you are a registered member in MHH and not able to login or recover your account, Kindly contact [email protected]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mercedes jagon
Mercedes Benz 
I intend to buy key programming devices for mercedes benz but having difficulty in understanding the meaning of some terms used for benz key programming.
So can someone explain these please;
BGA KEY
BE KEY 
NEC KEY
MOTOROLA KEY
Which year and models use these keys.
For now the model years available in my area are between 1995-2010, such as
W202, W203 and rarely W204
W210, W211, and rarely W212
I like to buy VVDI MB but it is pricey for me, may be CGDI as alternative but can CGDI do W202? Never came across a video showing that.

Thanks given by:
(10-11-2018, 04:55 PM)strikeforce Wrote: I intend to buy key programming devices for mercedes benz but having difficulty in understanding the meaning of some terms used for benz key programming.
BGA KEY
BE KEY 
NEC KEY
MOTOROLA KEY
I like to buy VVDI MB but it is pricey for me, may be CGDI as alternative but can CGDI do W202? Never came across a video showing that.

Let's see,the designation refers to the processor used in the keys. Motorola keys can be considered as the first generation of infrared keys, followed by NEC SOIC chips, followed by BGA (Ball Grid Array) chips. BE and BGA are used interchangeably because of the configuration of the chip, but BE are aftermarket keys that can be used as a replacement for all generations of keys. I'd be very surprised if CGDI couldn't do a W202; it, along with W210 are about as easy as it gets.
Thanks given by: strikeforce
(10-11-2018, 04:55 PM)strikeforce Wrote: I intend to buy key programming devices for mercedes benz but having difficulty in understanding the meaning of some terms used for benz key programming.
BGA KEY
BE KEY 
NEC KEY
MOTOROLA KEY

Before I got myself vvdi mb tool I was using ak500+ and skc key calkulator.
Its cheeki to setup and works only under winxp, and writing the key works only direct to the chip, but for 202,203,210,211,639 some other model up to 2009 it works well. It can read mcu's (but it cant write them, so its only for making keys, if you need to copy eeproms you need to have orange5,xprog or something similar).

But you can forget about any support regarding those units.
Thanks mate, I have sworn to myself never to buy anything clone if there are affodable original tools. My preference is between vvdi mb and cgdi mb.
Thanks given by:
(10-12-2018, 01:39 AM)strikeforce Wrote: Thanks mate, I have sworn to myself never to buy anything clone if there are affodable original tools. My preference is between vvdi mb and cgdi mb.

Been there know all about it sadly  1087 Big Grin 653