Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Missing Initial Startup Function in DAS

A member on this forum asked me to help remotely with a problem he has. We need to perform initial startup on ME2.7 engine ECU for Mercedes W220 S600 WDB220178 as original ECU has corrupted flash. Unfortunately the member is in a different country so there is no chance for me to visit his workshop.

However his computer is only giving option:

"Initial startup with automatic takeover of settings of previous control unit"

If I run simulation on my computer, I get that option, but I also get another option:

"Initial startup with manual settings input for new control unit (For example: The previous control unit cannot be read)."

His computer had an older version of XDOS, while I have XDOS 12/2018. 

I thought I would copy my DAS folder to his pc, but it did not work because my system is 64 bit and his is 32 bit.

So last night I setup 3/2019 XDOS on fresh Windows 7x64 but still the option is missing. 

So then I copied my whole DAS folder to his computer, but still the option is missing. 

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get this function enabled on his computer?
Thanks given by: gerberauto
Note:
  • only needed by das release 7.7.2.1. previous das/das standalone releases don't need it. 
    no offense, that's why you still need old xentry/das release to handle old vehicles.
.rar

Missing Initial Startup Function in DAS W220 S600.rar

5.22 KB

there are many solutions to handle this license lobstacle.

Quote:HestonDiag
..snip

If I run simulation on my computer, I get that option, but I also get another option:

"Initial startup with manual settings input for new control unit (For example: The previous control unit cannot be read)."

His computer had an older version of XDOS, while I have XDOS 12/2018. ...

it depends on how you solve das license 0 days error.
Thanks given by: jahacmm , HestonDiag
You are the master at DAS  bow Muscle 

I put the file in place and the function appeared  653 Cheer2 

Unfortunately looks like the ECU might be defective - we ran initial startup last night, but coding would not be saved to ECU Sad
Thanks given by: pesona
thanks brother HestonDiag for the kind words. 
probably, with a good ecu or virgin one, i believe it will succeed.
anyway, good luck
Thanks given by: HestonDiag

Possibly Related Threads…

Replies: 0
Views: 184
09-12-2019, 01:05 PM

Replies: 5
Views: 358
06-13-2019, 02:34 AM