Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.19 Average

Simtec 71 correct clone method

Hi guys, im trying to clone a faulty simtec 71 in a opel astra G Z18XE.

I cloned it with carprog to a 2nd hand ecu, really fast and simple, by obd. Read but the car stops when is at idle after 2 or 3 minutes since start.
DTCs stored in this moment:
P0606 - (0) Control unit Re-initialisation - Not present
P1600 - (0) Reprogram or Replace Electronic control unit (ECU) - Not Present
P1540 - (4) Air Conditioning pressure open circuit - Not present
U2108 - (0) CAN-Bus no cummunication with ABS/TC - Not present

The inmo led in dash is flashing and it can be started again after 5 or 10 min.

After that I choosed the other way to clone, I reseted the ecu with op-com and program step by step (security code, inmo, vin ...) with the same results, car stops after 2 or 3 minutes.

Doubts:
I should erased the second hand ecu (in carprog menu, for example) before writing or its not necessary?

If i read it with Fgtech v54 the size of the image is bigger, maybe wrong like http://mhhauto.com/Thread-Opel-Zafira-wi...ly-flashed , it's because i choosed the simtec 71 90 driver or because reads some other data?

To finish, i have readed another simtec71, corsa C Z18XE, with carprog, and the size its the same in kb, but there are more adresses with data (the original of the astra only has the half with data, the rest of the space is blank), it is normal?

Thanks to all in advance and sorry for the english!

PD: the original data

Attached Files
.rar

siemens_opel_simtec_71.rar

2.03 KB
Thanks given by:
Hi,
You can not make a perfect clone.
You have to configure it with opcom or tech2
ECU settings present
CAN settings
Thanks given by: Tubarrete
Try to wiggle the ECU connector if it makes the diffrence, maybe bad contact.
Known as Dziwak77 or Tomski Call

Thanks given by: Tubarrete
I'm going to erase the second hand ecu, rewrite the original bin in this ecu and after perform the reset and programming with opcom...
Thanks given by:
I can only guess the second hand ecu is not from same car and same firmware on it.

I would say you can only fix it with SPS ... reprogram second hand ecu to correct firmware by the car's VIN.

br
Thanks given by:
Io Terminal will do a perfect clone.

For info contact me in PM
I/O Terminal distributor Fing32 Fing32
Thanks given by:
I think the second hand ecu its faulty..
Thanks given by:
The first time that i have cloned with carprog worket at the first time, whitout any programming with op-com. Now, with the same way dont work, and coding with opcom dont work too, and there are two pins stored in ecu,
Can i change the pin? is necessary to be the original pin?

Can anyone take inmo off please??

thanks a lot

Attached Files
.rar

siemens_opel_astraG_Z18XE_simtec71.rar

1.06 KB
Thanks given by:
(03-30-2016, 03:48 AM)Tubarrete Wrote: Hi guys, im trying to clone a faulty simtec 71 in a opel astra G Z18XE.

I cloned it with carprog to a 2nd hand ecu, really fast and simple, by obd. Read but the car stops when is at idle after 2 or 3 minutes since start.
DTCs stored in this moment:
P0606 - (0) Control unit Re-initialisation - Not present
P1600 - (0) Reprogram or Replace Electronic control unit (ECU) - Not Present
P1540 - (4) Air Conditioning pressure open circuit - Not present
U2108 - (0) CAN-Bus no cummunication with ABS/TC - Not present

The inmo led in dash is flashing and it can be started again after 5 or 10 min.

After that I choosed the other way to clone, I reseted the ecu with op-com and program step by step (security code, inmo, vin ...) with the same results, car stops after 2 or 3 minutes.

Doubts:
I should erased the second hand ecu (in carprog menu, for example) before writing or its not necessary?

If i read it with Fgtech v54 the size of the image is bigger, maybe wrong like http://mhhauto.com/Thread-Opel-Zafira-wi...ly-flashed , it's because i choosed the simtec 71 90 driver or because reads some other data?

To finish, i have readed another simtec71, corsa C Z18XE, with carprog, and the size its the same in kb, but there are more adresses with data (the original of the astra only has the half with data, the rest of the space is blank), it is normal?

Thanks to all in advance and sorry for the english!

PD: the original data

Just for the records, your issue is cause by aftermarket spark coil. Such behaviour is well documented with opel/vauxhall and the only working solution is genuine spark coil.

Most probably you found this already.
Thanks given by: julespatch

Possibly Related Threads…

Replies: 4
Views: 114
11-28-2020, 05:04 PM
Opel
Replies: 3
Views: 821
11-25-2020, 02:13 PM
BMW
Replies: 4