To obtain your registration ID "Invitation Code", please send your request to: [email protected]
Please note that, guests have limited sections to view!!!
Dear Respected Members, please abide by the rules of the forum and avoid posting unacceptable comments or illegal software. Thanks!
If you are a registered member in MHH and not able to login or recover your account, Kindly contact [email protected]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Smart 451 Trans-clutch problem
I own a 451 Smart F1 Pulse version with 84hp.No faults or error codes,like totally nothing in all ecus.Clutch disk is at 56% as shown from DAS.
So my problem is the following,it releases clutch all fine,no hard hits or hard starts or anything,all gears work perfect except from when i "push" it and hit the accelaration pedal to the max for a couple of gears and i stop at the next trafic light,the next start even if i gently push the pedal to start normal this time,it feels like a small kick,like it wants to start fast(the kick is noticeable) but at the middle of "releasing" the clutch,it presses again the clutch like it's releasing it normal for a normal start.The kick is noticeable for a few minutes until it "cools down" or turn off the car.
Btw this "kick" also happens if i stop after i push it and change to reverse(to put reverse i wait till car totally stops moving,wait for 3-5 seconds then change to neutral,then wait for a 3 seconds again and then i select reverse gear).
No sounds or scratches from changing gears are heard,gears get selected perfect but,when i hit the pedal to go back in reverse i feel the kick the same way i feel it when it does it in 1st gear.
I don't know if it's from the clutch disk,i think it's software issue but again i guess i would feel the kick everytime it pushes/releases the clutch to change gears,at least a bit less from when it starts wth 1st gear if it was(similar problem with a DSG tran in an VW).This happens only when car starts to move from standing,only after i push it a bit.
Friends from a local Smart club told me that if i update the software it will be fixed,some say that clutch gets warmed up pretty easy after pushing the car and i might also need to change clutch. 39
So my question is,anybody else had same problem?Did you do a software update,change clutch or sth??

I repeat,no metal sounds or "scratches" or any other sound is made during this "kick".
It feels like when you are driving a manual transmission car and you let the clutch a bit fast and car kicks a bit when it starts rolling.

I'm all ears folks! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Hello

the try to make a software udpate in TCU unit,

teach clutch with xentry

and if not solve need new clutch
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Smart 451 P1700 and blinking gear on dashboard przemkis 6 257 09-22-2018, 10:41 AM
Last Post: audiomeca
  W220 airmatic, auto trans and abs problem Perryking 8 389 09-02-2018, 11:46 PM
Last Post: bladymir
  Smart 451 problem with R in manual transmission. elwis272 11 1,532 08-30-2018, 08:58 PM
Last Post: smartjehuren
Mercedes Benz Clone SMART 451 SAM using Alientech K-TAG? anonimo 13 794 08-22-2018, 10:04 PM
Last Post: anonimo
Mercedes Benz How to smart 451 TCU remap paradise_garage 6 429 08-20-2018, 10:49 AM
Last Post: paradise_garage