To obtain your registration code or if you are not able to recover your MHH account, kindly contact [email protected]
MHH is in-compatible with Internet explorer!
Thread Rating:
  • 20 Vote(s) - 3.65 Average

Snap on pass thu pro II

Hello all, I was wondering if the snap on pass thru pro II works with programs such as efi live. Before I spend 1500.00 from snap on for this, is it worth the money and how does it work?
Thanks given by:
(04-13-2015, 05:21 AM)Detroit60 Wrote: Hello all, I was wondering if the snap on pass thru pro II works with programs such as efi live. Before I spend 1500.00 from snap on for this, is it worth the money and how does it work?

Hi, The Pass Thru is a J2534 device and do work with all software from manufacturer to reflash powertrain ecu, you buy access for days or more to use the manufacturer software and using your J2534 device. No device are compatible with Efilive, the software only works with the V2 hardware , where the licenses are stored , you can buy the scanner version or the the tuning tool to modify engine calibration for many GM engine and dodge Cummins diesel. Great tools. I own one for 10 years now and you can do a lots of things but required a lots of learning , you can buy tune from other too.

Paul
Thanks given by: Detroit60
So another words the pass thru pro is a piece of junk as far as making custom calibrations and performance mods?
Thanks given by:
(04-13-2015, 05:41 AM)Detroit60 Wrote: So another words the pass thru pro is a piece of junk as far as making custom calibrations and performance mods?

J2534 are design to be compatible with manufacturer software and Windows , 1 hardware tool for many car brand but only to flash the original file, no editing is possible . The PassThru is made by http://www.drewtech.com/, they have very good product and great support . What brand do you want to modify files and what type of mods ?
Thanks given by:
(04-13-2015, 05:57 AM)paul_mike Wrote:
(04-13-2015, 05:41 AM)Detroit60 Wrote: So another words the pass thru pro is a piece of junk as far as making custom calibrations and performance mods?

J2534 are design to be compatible with manufacturer software and Windows , 1 hardware tool for many car brand but only to flash the original file, no editing is possible . The PassThru is made by http://www.drewtech.com/, they have very good product and great support . What brand do you want to modify files and what type of mods ?

I was looking to edit the torque curves and fuel mapping on a 2012 duramax for competiton truck pulling and drag racing. Just not sure where to start looking for software. and or hardware. unless there is factory programming stuff like calterm and caltool like there is for cummins and detroit.
Thanks given by:
For the Duramax tuning the best tool is really the EFILIVE package, if you have no tuning background the learning curve is really steep. You can download the full software package for free, and experiment and see the parameters available, but most important read the diesel forum , the duramax over the years got different ecu manufacturer from Delphi to Bosch edc17 with Tricore ecu.
Thanks given by: ibmman , tatyanka

Possibly Related Threads…

BMW
Replies: 114
Views: 4,157
Yesterday, 02:47 PM

Replies: 6
Views: 1,469
Yesterday, 12:26 AM
VW
Replies: 235
Views: 6,412