Thanks given by: tomacejones
(06-20-2020, 06:38 PM)Kaluluka Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 02:11 AM)tomacejones Wrote: cf-31 mk2 here bios passworded

anyone can help out would be sweet.

should be a full dump
HI!
Try and report please.....

PW is in PM
Just tried to flash and got error 3 - rom file size doesnt match existing BIOS size,using afuwingui, in setup tab only have NVRAM and Do Not Check Rom ID ticked... any ideas am i worng?
Thanks given by:
(06-23-2020, 06:25 PM)tomacejones Wrote:

should be a full dump
HI!

PW is in PM
Just tried to flash and got error 3 - rom file size doesnt match existing BIOS size,using afuwingui, in setup tab only have NVRAM and Do Not Check Rom ID ticked... any ideas am i worng?
Hi!
This is because file you provided was not read with afuwingui. Read (button SAVE) with afuwingui from original chip (in Windows 7 or 10), size of rom will be smaller. You provide that file and will remove password.

OR

You flash file I provided in same way as you read original file.

Regards,
Thanks given by: tomacejones
(06-23-2020, 10:59 PM)Kaluluka Wrote:

should be a full dump
HI!

PW is in PM
Hi!
This is because file you provided was not read with afuwingui. Read (button SAVE) with afuwingui from original chip (in Windows 7 or 10), size of rom will be smaller. You provide that file and will remove password.

OR

Regards,
ok heres a new file read with afuwingui the program i used to read and save doesnt flash...
if you could do this 1 for me that would be great thanks again!

Attached Files
.txt

new bios.txt

73 bytes
Thanks given by:
(06-24-2020, 12:18 AM)tomacejones Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 10:59 PM)Kaluluka Wrote:

should be a full dump
HI!

PW is in PM
Hi!

OR

Regards,
ok heres a new file read with afuwingui the program i used to read and save doesnt flash...
if you could do this 1 for me that would be great thanks again!
Here are your both files cleaned. Both are not full dumps. Full dumps can only be taken with programmer. But these should be enough to remove password.
Decryption key sent to PM

Attached Files
.txt

No PW.txt

29 bytes
Thanks given by: tomacejones , gabi2013
Worked perfect thanks guys!!
Thanks given by:
(06-17-2020, 09:13 PM)User Nameless Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 08:57 PM)Tsupper356 Wrote: Sam is right, don't worry about figuring out your password, just wipe your password clean off your system. It's much easier. I've wiped nearly 300-400 passwords off since I figured out how to do it. I've now invested in a EZP2010 like Sam said, but my CF-31 MK3 I have doesn't seem to have a bios chip that is supported by that programmer? How are you getting it to work Sam? Could you let me know? I knew I should've just gotten the 2019 version...
For some reason, I can't perform a write function on certain blocks with the A.M.I. firmware flash utility. I think it's because the BIOS is a modified one by Gigatronik. So, blanking it out and reflashing is not working for me so far.
Don't worry about flashing the whole BIOS, if you need to get rid of a password, just checkbox "NVRAM" that's the only thing you need checked. While I've never had a problem flashing the whole bios on a toughbook the few times I've done it, I need to keep the Serial, Model, and Cumulative Hours the same which is why I only flash NVRAM. 

The only tools you need are a hex editor and to know where the password is stored and you're golden if you take save flash of your own BIOS.

EDIT: I'm also only talking about Panasonic Toughbook AMI BIOS's, if you are referring to another brand of computers, I honestly haven't touched them.
Thanks given by:
(11-26-2019, 11:30 AM)Sam102 Wrote: I got lots of time in this cracking of toughbook bios PW's NOT a LOT of info on it out there to be got.
Anyway I got this little program I have tested on my CF-53 MK4 & MK3 & MK2 And she passed all her test.

I would like to test more MK's and Model But don't want to buy each one just to Test it.
IF someone has there Bios Password locked and would not mind me getting a ROM Dump off you. 
Could you upload it to mega and let me have a crack at it. It would be nice to know the PW. So if it don't read it right off the bat. But if not
I can still have a go at it.

Lot of folks out there like keeping this kind of stuff in the dark. Well LOOK OUT. I got my flashlight with me.

[Image: LOAD.png]
Thanks given by: gabi2013

Possibly Related Threads…

Replies: 3
Views: 505
04-10-2020, 02:16 PM

Replies: 11
Views: 868
05-28-2019, 11:11 AM