Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average

Vag MSA12 immo off - ecu eeprom vs immo box reprimand

Hello friends.

I have a question about the very old MSA12 in the earliest VW TDi vp37 engines.

I have one of these engines from a b4 passat i think, im not sure.

So the ecu has two eeproms. If you read old posts on forums about this subject there are many contradictions.

It seems the internet is full of people sharing the same jpg picture taken from some site where it shows making a lot of values in one eeprom 00 and then its immo off.

However there are also many people saying that this is a bad method, complaining of things like immo reactivating after 10 mins or bad idle

Some people say you have to modify both eeproms in ecu for stable working immo off.

Then some people say that the only good working immo off has to be done with the immobox eeprom, NOT the two ecu eeproms.

So does anybody know the real story? Whats the difference between the one-eeprom-ecu method, the two-eeprom-ecu method and the immobox eeprom method?

Why are some people saying some are unstable and some people saying its stable?

Who is right and who is wrong?

Because i put engines into other cars and boats, i prefer immo off in ecu, since then there is no immobox at all.

Thnks
Thanks given by:
i have done many of this, only one eprom and all good. there is no connection between immo and idle.....ect. my cunrtry is the biggest junckyard so a can tell you i have done many of this ecus with only one eprom immo off Beer
Thanks given by: Baja juan
Thank you for your reply.

Is there a software to calculate immo off dump for these? Or is it just one dump for all?

Thanks
Thanks given by:
(05-31-2018, 03:38 PM)Baja juan Wrote: Thank you for your reply.

Is there a software to calculate immo off dump for these? Or is it just one dump for all?

Thanks

not one dump...calculate... that is why someone have problem because he does not use the dump from his ecu

IUD 3.2 do the job
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…

VW
Replies: 8
Views: 154
Yesterday, 07:09 PM
Toyota
Replies: 6
Views: 1,563
11-11-2019, 12:07 PM

Replies: 15