To obtain your registration code or if you are not able to recover your MHH account, kindly contact [email protected]
MHH is in-compatible with Internet explorer!
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average

Volvo VN

Doe anyone know if manual Fan Switch can be instal on Volvo VNL D13H, electrical fan clutch (2013)?
I know we can hook one to VECU and run it as long as we have a Air fan clutch but how about the electrical one, can it be done?
Thanks given by:
if you have overheating problems. maybe you can program mid 128 with a lower the fan activation temperature or add more time to fan activation on mid 144. is just a think
Thanks given by:
Haven't done that, but theoretically it can be done, you need to hook up wires to vecu, and change few parameters. Could you explain me why do you want to do that?
Thanks given by: xxxprzemo
all of our older vn's have the wiring and plug in the dash just had to buy the right switch for it. on the older ones it is in the switch panel left of the steering wheel
Thanks given by:
Pies the old ones I know they have it but 2013 doesn't. Changing the parameters isnt a bad idea but when it does a Regen it needs a hot temperature so I dont think it will be a good idea.

Afriz I know it can be do on a Air fan clutch but Im not sure about the electrical Fan Clutch. Would you have the diagram by any chance?
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2018, 04:38 AM)Seikov Wrote: Doe anyone know if manual Fan Switch can be instal on Volvo VNL D13H, electrical fan clutch (2013)?
I know we can hook one to VECU and run it as long as we have a Air fan clutch but how about the electrical one, can it be done?

Installing a thermal switch is not a issue theoretically
As for wiring you just have to splice in your solenoid
Parts stores like Traction have them, normal open/closed and temperature
When you decide to actually install one you are going to be scratching your head as of WTF to actually put one? Volvo is has no place to install 5/8 size switch, maybe there is but I cant it
There is a way but you got to be really careful how you do it or you risk blowing up your top rad hose
You need 2 big washers commonly used in the industry, the one that has a inner diameter of 5/8 perfectly fits on to the switch and cant pass the end of threaded body, the hex part is bigger and will hold the washer firmly in place. Now you need a good quality hole saw same diameter of 5/8 and drill the side of top rad hose a new hose, don`t even think removing the old one. You do have to know the position of the hose first by holding it side by side on the engine. Basically you install the switch with a washer and place the other washer from inside followed by a slim 5/8 nut. (there is no space 4 full size nut)
I have it in a truck 2 year running and working flawless
ECM driver, the fan output was bad in my case and the reason of installing a switch

I JUST noticed its a electrical fan switch, but its the same answer as far as of installation part, not the wiring

(06-01-2018, 05:57 AM)Afriz Wrote: Haven't done that, but theoretically it can be done, you need to hook up wires to vecu, and change few parameters. Could you explain me why do you want to do that?

The cost of new Fing32
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…

Replies: 43
Views: 28,360
07-10-2019, 09:56 PM

Replies: 0
Views: 387
06-05-2019, 01:36 PM

Replies: 12
Views: 1,301
05-14-2019, 03:12 PM