To obtain your registration code or if you are not able to recover your MHH account, kindly contact [email protected]
MHH is in-compatible with Internet explorer!
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average

W204 - Airbags deploy while car parked!!!

A W204 C200CGI has had its driver and passenger airbags deploy while car was parked!

What could cause such a problem?

Anyone with wiring diagram for the restraint system? I want to reinstall the airbags but need to understand what could trigger this so that if an ECU or sensor get that replaced too.
Thanks given by:
(05-30-2018, 10:41 AM)Willisodhiambo Wrote: A W204 C200CGI has had its driver and passenger airbags deploy while car was parked!

Anyone with wiring diagram for the restraint system? I want to reinstall the airbags but need to understand what could trigger this so that if an ECU or sensor get that replaced too.
You should use WIS to find the wiring diagram so that you get known the involved ECUs and sensors.
Thanks given by:
WIS will not help with that.

Most likely defective airbag ECU.
Thanks given by: KriyenKPp
there was dealership company with replacing airbags ecu for w204, there was said it can suddenly deploy airbags, I never thought it can actually happen, seems like i was wrong xd
SPECIAL FILES DATABASE FOR VEDIAMO/DTS MONACO
ADBLUE, DPF, CAT, VMAX OFF
VIM 205 213 222
Thanks given by: KriyenKPp , autofault
(05-30-2018, 11:44 AM)tirex2k Wrote: there was dealership company with replacing airbags ecu for w204, there was said it can suddenly deploy airbags, I never thought it can actually happen, seems like i was wrong xd

Yes, quite unbelievable. Imagine that happening while on the highway! Can be cause of fatality. I thought these systems should have failsafe. Just where ECU got energized from to trigger the bags I would never know. Car was parked and locked!!
Thanks given by:
Hey Willis, Thats a first to hear. Though I have seen quite a number of ECUs generating Internal faults. Hit me up and we can go over It. I can send you Workshop info on how to replace the unit and the airbags.
If my post help you then please thanks and Rep will make me feel motivated.
Mercedes Comand Radio Audio Region Change Japan USA ECE NTG5 NTG4 NTG4.5
Thanks given by:
(05-30-2018, 10:41 AM)Willisodhiambo Wrote: A W204 C200CGI has had its driver and passenger airbags deploy while car was parked!

in w204 was some SRS units, that was faulty and MB changed it free of charge..
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…

Author: mercomoh
Replies: 12
Views: 288
Yesterday, 08:09 PM

Replies: 0
Views: 62
Yesterday, 10:20 AM

Replies: 4
Views: 274
Yesterday, 02:38 AM