Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

W212 EIS editing/replacement with second hand - SOLVED, sort of....

Hi all,

I have a friend who has given me the task of fixing a vandalized 2015 E250 W212 sedan. Damaged EIS, no keys, cut cables, etc..

I have rebuilt/repaired all the cut cables, I brought a "security set" from a wrecker which has key, EIS and Engine ECU. That was enough to get car to react. From there I could see errors relating to wrong VIN's. I used Ktag to flash original EEPROM data to new ECU and that now shows correct VIN and no errors.

Now I can see there are several modules on the bus reporting wrong VIN still, after much searching here I have worked out that the EIS is the gateway and needs to be edited (correct me if I'm wrong). I have a GQ4x4 and chip clip so could read it but not sure which MCU i need to look at or how it needs to edited. 
See pic. Sorry, had to crop the crap out of it to meet the size limits.

Any ideas? please

Thanks, Gareth.
Thanks given by:
Gareth Wrote:
Hi all,

I have a friend who has given me the task of fixing a vandalized 2015 E250 W212 sedan. Damaged EIS, no keys, cut cables, etc..

I have rebuilt/repaired all the cut cables, I brought a "security set" from a wrecker which has key, EIS and Engine ECU. That was enough to get car to react. From there I could see errors relating to wrong VIN's. I used Ktag to flash original EEPROM data to new ECU and that now shows correct VIN and no errors.

Now I can see there are several modules on the bus reporting wrong VIN still, after much searching here I have worked out that the EIS is the gateway and needs to be edited (correct me if I'm wrong). I have a GQ4x4 and chip clip so could read it but not sure which MCU i need to look at or how it needs to edited. 
See pic. Sorry, had to crop the crap out of it to meet the size limits.

Any ideas? please

Thanks, Gareth.
W 212, ummmm it’s prety deep to be honest . I need more info like picture of the parts . And.  What machines do you have ?
You. Just make message and be very detailed original parts and donor parts . 
I will try to help you .
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the reply Blush

I have - 

willem GQ4X4 burner 
8 pin chip clip
SD connect
Xentry
WIS (not working right now but I'm sure Mr Yudi can help me with that)
And all the normal generic scan tools

Happy to invest in required hardware/software to get the job done
Thanks given by:
2015 W212 is FBS4. Not possible to clone like that...........

To have working car (but VIN will not match the body) you
need matching set of: EIS, ISM, VGS and Engine ECU set from donor car.

OR

You can try to get these SET's from same model but earlier year (FBS3) and there is possible to match up everything....
Thanks given by: Gareth
First give us your vin and we will check if its FBS4 or FBS3. If FBS3 it will be possible with "cheap" equipment. FBS4 not possible or very expensive and complicated
Thanks given by: Gareth
(11-28-2019, 11:08 AM)Kaluluka Wrote: 2015 W212 is FBS4. Not possible to clone like that...........

To have working car (but VIN will not match the body) you

OR

You can try to get these SET's from same model but earlier year (FBS3) and there is possible to match up everything....

from the photo you can’t see what it is FBS3??
Thanks given by:
Hello, 

Thanks for the replys  Tup

The Vin for the vehicle is - WDD2120032B129556

The Vin for the key, lock and ECU (ECU now changed to the cars one) is - WDD2120032B043327

Hope that helps
Thanks given by:
(11-28-2019, 05:25 PM)megatoop Wrote: from the photo you can’t see what it is FBS3??

Hi,
Where or how from the foto you see that it is FBS3?

EXPLAIN YOURSELF?

(11-29-2019, 04:34 AM)Gareth Wrote: Hello, 

Thanks for the replys  Tup

The Vin for the vehicle is - WDD2120032B129556

The Vin for the key, lock and ECU (ECU now changed to the cars one) is - WDD2120032B043327

Hope that helps

BOTH ARE FBS4
Thanks given by:
Quote:To have working car (but VIN will not match the body) you

So this way and leave the Vin as wrong or....

Fix the lock with the second hand unit (move the circuit board over to the new housing?) and get a key coded to it?

Not sure which way to go?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…

Replies: 3
Views: 60
Yesterday, 10:30 PM

Replies: 1
Views: 65
01-24-2020, 09:24 PM

Replies: 2
Views: 104
01-24-2020, 04:32 AM