To obtain your registration code or if you are not able to recover your MHH account, kindly contact [email protected]
MHH is in-compatible with Internet explorer!
Thread Rating:
  • 20 Vote(s) - 3.15 Average

Windows 8.1 tablets & diagnostic tools

Wat do you think about win 8.1 tablets and diagnostic tools?
I found Asus tablet for good price, with this specs:
ASUS M80TA
Processor: Intel Atom Z3740 1.33GHz
RAM: 2GB
SSD space:32GB
Screen: 8" HD IPS 1280x800
WiFi
Bluetooth

Which tools can be driven by this tablet?
Thanks or reputation +1 would be nice from you, if I helped. Thankyou
Thanks given by:
What cars you want to do? Both Ista and Odis will take up all the storage. And it's an Atom CPU so will be dog slow
Thanks given by:
Problem is the space - you can forget about installing XENTRY / ISTA / ODIS in 32GB. However, VCDS installation possible in that space.

Also, can u look if the tablet has RJ45 lan port? Star C4 and ICOM require it (if they are not having the wireless module).

Better to get compact business laptop (used of course, new ones cost upwards of $800). Models like thinkpad X201,X220 etc - in one laptop, you can set up all diagnostic software.
Thanks given by: bawareca
I tought it would be good for VCDS, Autocom/Delphi. I use this 2 tools for now, and price for this new tablet is less than 200€. I have laptop for other EPCs, and tablet should be practical for working in car because of dimensions. Battery life is also good
Thanks given by:
I use a dell venue 8 pro, with the standart windows 8.1 that comes with it, at time with a usb micro2usb adaptor and the vci with 2014.2 on a usb wire.
runs perfekt. I have an older vci without bluetooth.
next time when i find a good dealer with a real working bluetooth vci (for delphi/autocom) i will switch to bluetooth connect to vci, so i have no need of the f... usb wire (-:
and i can charge the tablet by using the cigar lighter and the free usb micro port on it.
Thanks given by:
(01-30-2015, 07:37 PM)Septemberregen Wrote: I use a dell venue 8 pro, with the standart windows 8.1 that comes with it, at time with a usb micro2usb adaptor and the vci with 2014.2 on a usb wire.
runs perfekt. I have an older vci without bluetooth.
next time when i find a good dealer with a real working bluetooth vci (for delphi/autocom) i will switch to bluetooth connect to vci, so i have no need of the f... usb wire (-:
and i can charge the tablet by using the cigar lighter and the free usb micro port on it.
This, and compact design is why I consider to get tablet
Thanks given by:
at time , you can get the dell venue 8 pro from 120,-€ brandnew
intel atom quad core, much faster then my old notebook
tomorrow a buddy will rent me a vci with bluetooth for testing
later i can tell you how it works...
Thanks given by: NikolaIMRS
Ive installed delphi 2014.3 on my tablet with win10 and working by bluetooth perfect, same as x431 idiag on android (have dual boot tablet - win10/android on one device) so for quick jobs, check DTC, liva data is perfect set........but I would not try to instal odis or mbstar Smile
Thanks given by: soptea

Possibly Related Threads…

Replies: 1
Views: 94
08-16-2019, 01:05 AM

Replies: 7
Views: 1,349
07-21-2019, 11:54 PM

Replies: 1
Views: 256
06-29-2019, 06:24 PM

Replies: 0