To obtain your inv. code (registration code) kindly contact [email protected] Please note that, guests have limited sections to view
If you are a registered member in MHH and not able to login or recover your account, Kindly contact [email protected]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
cat gek
AA+john-deere-utility-mat+(7) 
Needing some good info have been helped by 2 members on here. Have a guy that brought a gek to my shop another local shop the tuner i had tune ecm is from site and never have had a issue good tuner. The tune is fine but truck would not make power. Finally checked overhead and cac.. Cac is cracked and over head loose. After all this come to find out engine is worn out. over 700,000. wondering if any of you might know where a good high hp 5ek for sale with lower miles might be. I know its a long shot but just trying to help this guy out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.049
Thanks given by:
Low mileage 5EK is probably pretty rare since the last new one rolled off the line 20 years ago. Typically good for alot more than 700 though, could be due for Injectors though?
Thanks given by: bandbbob
(07-13-2018, 01:49 AM)ejh1 Wrote: Low mileage 5EK is probably pretty rare since the last new one rolled off the line 20 years ago. Typically good for alot more than 700 though, could be due for Injectors though?

thought it might be blow by really bad guy painted it up real pretty. I will double check
thank you for your responce
Thanks given by:
What part of the world?
Thanks given by:
usa wyoming
Thanks given by:
yea id highly doubt youll find a virgin low mile 5ek, i agree 700k/mi is a little low for it to be completely FUBAR. but then again, it wouldnt be the first abused engine that died early

what "tune" did he do for it? a 5ek is pre emissions so is it a crazy hp tune or something above factory? if it doesnt have a ton of blowby or a dead injector its likely not a good tune

im also kind of confused. are we talking GEK or 5EK. GEK is a loader with a c4.4 and 5EK is a 3406E, completely different ballpark LOL

If its a 5ek, and it does have excessive blowby and its pootched id highly suggest inframe vs swapping it with someone elses garbage engine

i just found your other thread. if that engine is still "as built" the injectors, liner packs and turbo are all wrong for that 550hp file. use the original file or the new replacement 435/1550 file 185-1192 and see how it goes. the highest you can technically go with those hard parts is the stock 435, you can go up to 475 but itll likely be hot without the turbo upgrade

Attached Files
1851192.rar
File Type: .rar
Downloaded: 8 times
Size: 141.22 KB

Thanks given by: bandbbob
(07-13-2018, 09:25 AM)YkDave Wrote: yea id highly doubt youll find a virgin low mile 5ek, i agree 700k/mi is a little low for it to be completely FUBAR. but then again, it wouldnt be the first abused engine that died early

what "tune" did he do for it? a 5ek is pre emissions so is it a crazy hp tune or something above factory? if it doesnt have a ton of blowby or a dead injector its likely not a good tune

im also kind of confused. are we talking GEK or 5EK. GEK is a loader with a c4.4 and 5EK is a 3406E, completely different ballpark LOL

If its a 5ek, and it does have excessive blowby and its pootched id highly suggest inframe vs swapping it with someone elses garbage engine

i just found your other thread. if that engine is still "as built" the injectors, liner packs and turbo are all wrong for that 550hp file. use the original file or the new replacement 435/1550 file 185-1192 and see how it goes. the highest you can technically go with those hard parts is the stock 435, you can go up to 475 but itll likely be hot without the turbo upgrade

I thought that was the case, If i am correct for the 550 file the eng would at least should have started out as a 475 hp. Thank you for the info. I appreciate the file as well you are all very helpful. thank you. 049

(07-13-2018, 06:03 PM)bandbbob Wrote:
(07-13-2018, 09:25 AM)YkDave Wrote: yea id highly doubt youll find a virgin low mile 5ek, i agree 700k/mi is a little low for it to be completely FUBAR. but then again, it wouldnt be the first abused engine that died early

I thought that was the case, If i am correct for the 550 file the eng would at least should have started out as a 475 hp. Thank you for the info. I appreciate the file as well you are all very helpful. thank you. 049

And also I ment 5ek lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
AA+john-deere-utility-mat+(6) hello need some advice CAT GEK bandbbob 5 205 09-15-2018, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Fuelshop
  Difference between China CAT Com 3 & Original CAT COM 3 Adapter r.kelly 12 1,317 09-14-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: kuracnabiciklu
  Cat Decryptor/Encryptor for Cat FLashfiles Donald J Trump 28 4,435 07-08-2018, 09:02 PM
Last Post: haidieu
  Installing CAT ET, CAT SIS, Calterm on Laptop without Ethernet port resident_root 29 9,961 01-07-2018, 09:49 AM
Last Post: mehmetali
  Windows 10 + CAT SIS + CAT ET + Cummins insite said72 8 5,359 08-19-2017, 01:08 PM
Last Post: singleperson