To obtain your registration code or if you are not able to recover your MHH account, kindly contact [email protected]
MHH is in-compatible with Internet explorer!
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average

cummins isx870 low oil pressure

hey guys ive got an 870 isx inframed about a year ago and now Im having low oil pressure.....10 psi @210 degrees at 700 rpm idle
and 30psi at 2000rpm 210degrees
what could be the cause of this?
and what can i do to up my pressure a little more?
Thanks given by:
Oil pressure sensor,oil pump,check bearings,and ecm history for any stored out of value temps,pressure etc.Send oil to anlize and cross fingers.Good luck! Regards!

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: timbruun
i have seen 2 cases of 870's having low oil pressure and both times it was the oil pump. One of them recently had a bearing roll and although your case had a inframe done, doesn't mean they changed the pump. Oil pressure is affected by the main bearings, cam bushings and piston cooling jets but the pump is often neglected
Thanks given by:
Was the cylinder head replaced or were new cam bushings pressed in during inframe?

Put a mechanical gauge on it and verify the pressure is actually low, ISX oil pressure sending units don't last forever.
Thanks given by:
Yes cam bushings were replace, will check with a mechanical gauge tomorrow

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Where is the sending unit located?
(05-30-2018, 07:58 AM)forcedsingularity Wrote: Was the cylinder head replaced or were new cam bushings pressed in during inframe?

Put a mechanical gauge on it and verify the pressure is actually low, ISX oil pressure sending units don't last forever.

Thanks given by:
(05-30-2018, 04:30 PM)ajala Wrote: Where is the sending unit located?
(05-30-2018, 07:58 AM)forcedsingularity Wrote: Was the cylinder head replaced or were new cam bushings pressed in during inframe?

Located to the right of the fuel lift pump on the IFSM. 3 wire sensor, seals with an o-ring.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
U mean the oil pressure sensore, change it already and same problem
(05-30-2018, 05:08 PM)forcedsingularity Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 04:30 PM)ajala Wrote: Where is the sending unit located?

Located to the right of the fuel lift pump on the IFSM. 3 wire sensor, seals with an o-ring.

Thanks given by:
If you have changed the sensor than you need to tear the engine down and find where you have your excessive wear. Start with the oil pickup tube, o ring and oil pump, then work your way up. Lower end bearings, piston cooling nozzles, and your cam bushings.

Oil pump and pickup tube o ring are the best place to start.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…

Replies: 5
Views: 153
10-06-2019, 09:30 AM

Replies: 3
Views: 122
09-22-2019, 09:20 AM

Replies: 9
Views: 237
09-20-2019, 06:02 AM
AA CAT