To obtain your registration code or if you are not able to recover your MHH account, kindly contact [email protected]
MHH is in-compatible with Internet explorer!
Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average

what is the best diagnostic tool for GM Duramax trucks

Hi All,
I am looking to buy good scantool for gm duramax trucks can you guys suggest me the good one which also do all the required functions and not to pricy a good clone will be fine for me, I am getting check engine light on my truck which making me little bit nervous.
Thanks
Thanks given by:
(10-04-2016, 05:05 AM)ashu01 Wrote: Hi All,
I am looking to buy good scantool for gm duramax trucks can you guys suggest me the good one which also do all the required functions and not to pricy a good clone will be fine for me, I am getting check engine light on my truck which making me little bit nervous.
Thanks

For just codes and diagnostics I use my snap-on modis. But for just reading codes any code scanner will do. You could use a program called scan xl which can be found on here. Then for a wire use a cheap ELM327 wire or a j2435 pass thru if you have one. Or you could look on here for GM GDS 2 which is dealer level diagnostics and use a GM MDI wire which are under $500 for a clone. I also believe GM GDS 2 works with J2534 pass thru. if you want to spend $1000 you can get a AVDI which will work with GM GDS and alot of other shit. Its the best bang for you buck in terms on scan tools in my opinion. Google it and read what it can do.
Thanks given by: ashu01 , poorfireman

Possibly Related Threads…

Replies: 4
Views: 431
09-17-2019, 03:43 AM

Replies: 10
Views: 519
09-05-2019, 09:29 AM

Replies: 3
Views: 300
07-23-2019, 12:38 AM